No medicine for heartbreak

Discussion in 'Survival Medicine' started by Hanzo, Apr 9, 2023.

1. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Mahalo @Alanaana.

We are totally proud of her. She graduated valedictorian right after she turned 19. Wanted to move and did. Is working two jobs and living her dreams. Happy that she saves over 40% of her income along with setting aside additional monies for taxes and her goals. I'm happy that she spends freely to enjoy herself (after saving). One of the things she is saving for is a house with a yard for her and pup(s). Her plan was to have her old dog help train her new dog.

She is very happy (other than the dog) where she is and I don't know if she will move back. But, you never know. I just want her to be safe, healthy and happy.

I am still happy she had the dog. They were perfect for each other during the time she had him. And she was the happiest she has every been.

Dunerunner, SB21, oldawg and 3 others like this.
  2. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

@Hanzo That is truly amazing! I feel like I don't hear about success stories like that from people who are so young. Having that kind of work ethic and level of responsibility will serve her so well throughout life. I'm sad for her too, that she had this rough patch, but she will be happy again.

3. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Rainbow Bridge
    Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
    When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

4. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

She will be fine, just sad now.

5. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

[hug}

Dunerunner, SB21 and Hanzo like this.
  6. SCUBADIVINGJOE

SCUBADIVINGJOE Monkey+

Just lost my second dog in 3 months. It never gets easier.

Dunerunner, Cruisin Sloth and Hanzo like this.
  7. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Sorry for your loss.

Dunerunner likes this.
  8. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Hard , we all know .
    Time heals somewhat
    S

Hanzo and Dunerunner like this.
  9. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

I've got an old dog playing out now. He's a 15 year old mastiff. Tank isn't feeling pain but quit eating and drinking a few days ago. He's just used up.

If I leave a room long enough he'll get up and lie down near me and go back to sleep after a few kind words and some petting. Occasionally he will stand up and look at something I can't see for a long time, then sigh and lie back down and go back to sleep.

I've tried to treat him but he's having none of it. Since he isn't hurting or incontinent I'm just letting him go out his own way.

Dunerunner, Hanzo and Cruisin Sloth like this.
  10. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

By nature these old dogs look for a dark place to lay down in like the closet. They pretty much know its time.

11. Horsegal

Horsegal Monkey

Hanzo, I am so very sorry for your daughter's loss. They really take a piece of our hearts when they go. We lost our Blue Heeler, Daisy Mae to cancer a couple of years ago. I still miss her terribly. We were able to get a couple of her nieces, they are NOT her, they have their own personalities, but they sure make coming home easier, and they keep us entertained. Your daughter sounds like a rock star - wow, she has her stuff together for such a young age. Hugs!!

12. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Mahalo @Horsegal.

Gator 45/70 and Horsegal like this.
  13. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

14. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Alanaana, Zimmy and Gator 45/70 like this.
  15. jefferson

jefferson Monkey

R.i.p....You can buy a new dog and gifted to your daughter. This may be healing your daughter wounds in her heart.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7