Night time defense

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by oldman11, May 1, 2019.

1. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

[​IMG]
    Lego block caltrops....lots of 'em!

2. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Claymores will handle the attack by a larger force, the sniper is the one that you gotta worry about!

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  3. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Add some wooden or metal stakes to that tangle foot...and dip them in the stuff Charlie used on his!

SB21, Yard Dart, Tully Mars and 2 others like this.
  4. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

Once upon a time I was sent to school to learn to spot and avoid boobie traps in a LEO setting. Got a crash course in how to make them and it is simple. Trip wires pressure plate with a couple coffee can lids, 9v battery and buzzer or something that goes bang.

Idahoser and Gator 45/70 like this.
  5. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I use these Pops,1 is loaded with Cayenne pepper,2 more are 170db flash bangs......

STANGF150, oldawg and sourdough145 like this.
  6. OzVegus

OzVegus Monkey

I don't have a dog, but my neighbors all around do, and being country they are mostly all loose in the yards at night. We're talking a suburban environment here but in a small rural town. Sometimes at night one of them starts barking, then they are all barking. I have no problem with that but I bet any prowlers would.
    Once I recorded some strangers on my security cam, two men, they came into the front yard at 1am, I have no front fence, hardly anyone in my street does. They were inspecting my solar lights, sipping beers, then they just wandered back up the short drive and went their way. I was a little alarmed when I saw the footage but no harm done, just friendly locals. Lesson learnt though, I removed the solar lights and added another super-bright motion activated flood light lol.

Zimmy and Tempstar like this.
  7. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

The guy next door and I have about 650 pounds of big dogs, a goat, and three pigs running the yards at night.

They all raise hell if there are headlights stopped at the end of the driveway. It is amazing how fast that menagerie can make the 125 yard dash.

8. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

Pointy and pokey things in the defensive plan will let you know where a threat is. Nobody is moving through thick Spanish bayonet without cursing. Raspberries in the dark really suck. Osage Orange will ruin your whole week with nasty punctures and scrapes.

Besides plantings, landscaping can offer night defense advantages. Knowing the path you can move along it silently. Somebody that doesn't belong there will be stumbling and falling on loose uneven landscaping stones.

Best dog I ever had was tuned into all the noises around the house. It it was loud and distant she wouldn't even look up. If it was near she would look in the direction of the noise. Right outside she would growl and move toward the threat. I just watched her to learn what I needed to know.

Zimmy and chelloveck like this.
  9. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I have no fiduciary relationship with this site, but more info about fifth Ops at Shop Perimeter Alarms & Other Tactical Accessories - Fith Ops
    They seem to have some interesting products, but know and abide by your local laws if thinking about installing them.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  10. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I like em Chell, All legal in my state so I'm not scared to put a few out to protect and alert on my goods.
    Easier than gut hooking cotton mouths and hanging at face level?

Zimmy likes this.
  1. Coyote Ridge
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Ganado
  4. Big Ron
  5. Dunerunner
  6. hot diggity
  7. Motomom34
  8. The_Prepared
  9. Asia-Off-Grid
  10. Asia-Off-Grid
  11. Asia-Off-Grid