Mrs Krap is probably not going to make it.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kamp Krap, Oct 28, 2023.

1. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Such a sad yet beautiful story Kamp --this is only chapter one in a love story that will continue when you meet DeeAnn again in heaven. Remember your friends are here to help you through this very difficult time

Kamp Krap and Gator 45/70 like this.
  2. Jaybird

Jaybird Monkey+++

Be easy on yourself for a while. It is okay to cry, despite what so many say about men. I am thankful for the time you two had together at the end. I will be praying for peace for you in the days and weeks to come.

3. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I never was much at commenting on things like this and this is a tough read.
    Our condolences big guy, we mean it.

Kamp Krap and chelloveck like this.
  4. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

"The pain of losing half of yourself on the other hand is nearly unbearable." Only those that have lived through it can understand the heartache. Knowing when and where you will see her again is the only thing that makes waiting possible. I will continue to pray for you. It's going to be a tough year. Everything in your life is about to change. Let it and live like she would have wanted you to.

5. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

@Kamp Krap , so sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and your family.
    Lost my father to cancer 15 yrs ago, still miss him to this day.

Gator 45/70, chelloveck and Kamp Krap like this.
  6. Kamp Krap

Kamp Krap Monkey++

Just a lot to work through. The emotional and the logical do not fit together very. What I really need to do is fix a meal and eat it instead of giving it to the dogs. I have not been able to eat since Friday unless you call coffee eating. And it would not hurt to actually be able to lay down and sleep 3 hours or so since Friday is not helping either LOL.

Zimmy, duane, Altoidfishfins and 4 others like this.
  7. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Drugs are not always the answer but maybe a a doc can prescribe something to let you sleep a couple of hours. My sons father in law just went thru this recently married 50+ years met in high school love of his life. He has been going to grief counseling and it has helped him, it has taken him months-- time will lessen the pain but as he said to me it never goes. away. God be with you and please eat something

8. So very sorry to hear this.
    I will keep your family in my prayers

9. Kamp Krap

Kamp Krap Monkey++

The woods, the waters and the nature are the best council and therapy for me. They always put everything in perspective and order in time.

Zimmy, duane, Yard Dart and 7 others like this.
  10. Homer Simpson

Homer Simpson Monkey+++

My prayers and condolences go out to you and your family.

Gator 45/70 and Kamp Krap like this.
  11. Kamp Krap

Kamp Krap Monkey++

I have been on a borderline psychotic search for Dee's engagement ring and wedding ring since I got home last night. She only would take them off to do dishes or work in the garden. She took them off Thursday because her left arm and hand were swelling and I had no idea where she put them. I finally just found them in the corner of a drawer that I would least have expected to find them in. Don't know why but having them is making me feel a whole lot better about all of this! I wanted to replace the stone that fell out years ago and she was like "OH NO! It is perfect just the way it is."
    DSC01150.JPG

Homer Simpson, Zimmy, duane and 6 others like this.
  12. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Touchstones are important in conserving the connections between yourself and Dee. Am glad that you found them and that you have that physical connection to her.

SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  13. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

When I have trouble sleeping,, I can usually get a few hours by taking a big swig of nyquil ,, chase it with a few shots of Kentucky bourbon ,,, it's probably not medically approved,, but the medically approved stuff is killing us ,, so I don't really see the harm in it .

It's gonna take you a while,,, time is about the only healer for this situation. My prayers are still with you.

Gator 45/70 and chelloveck like this.
  14. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Deep, painful wound.

Gator 45/70 and Kamp Krap like this.
  15. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

So sad. Sorry for your loss.

16. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

This breaks my heart yet warms it at the same time. Sooo thankful you got to say goodbye.

Gator 45/70, Dunerunner and Kamp Krap like this.
  17. Kamp Krap

Kamp Krap Monkey++

I am in the same boat! Breaks my heart and hurts like hell yet at the same time I am sooo grateful to have had the last 97 minutes together.

18. Kamp Krap

Kamp Krap Monkey++

Well I have done everything that I can do until the Court Appoints me the Official Executor of the Will and I have Her Death Certificates in hand. The EMO end and the Get stuff done more business side just don't connect together. Now I have about a 2 week break before I can go pick her ashes and death certificates up and about the same amount of time before my lawyer can get in to a judge to get the official Executor Appointment and Document. People keep offering to come and help pack her stuff up and I get kind of rabid about that. That task is between me and Dee not me and everyone else. She left little Cash Stashes hidden around with notes on them and a date of when she stashed it. Guess she started this right after the Cancer Diagnosis. $20 here , $10 there , $200 over there just random amounts, And notes like I Love You!, Miss Me Yet? Up to $1400 of these stashes and took that to the Bank today, the teller had to have thought I am a Ugly Male Stripper because $972 of it was $1 Bills. Then tonight I find another $100 worth in five stashes and one of them being ziplock bag with $45 of Quarters, Dimes and Nickles...... Mostly Dimes and Nickles and the note in the bag says "Have Fun with this one!" I love it!!!

19. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Your DeeAnn sounds like a great lady who loved you very much and had a great sense of humor. Hey are you sleeping any better and eating?

20. Kamp Krap

Kamp Krap Monkey++

She was into doing things that would make think.... or at least think I was going nuts. LOL One time when I took a shower I put my keys and wallet on the table and she put my wallet in her purse and let me go on a 20 minute retrace every step looking for my wallet. While was retracing she put my wallet back on the table. So I come back to sit down and think about where I might have left and my wallet is sitting RIGHT WHERE I LEFT IT and she is laughing her ass off at look on my face.

Sleeping a little better eating LOL half a hamburger and 4 tater tots, half a nutty buddy since Friday night. Dogs are eating real well though. I have cooked quite a few meals, am hungry until I sit down and then totally lose the appetite. Not to worry though I am drinking plenty of coffee :)

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7