Motivational Poster Thread (warning content)

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by Quigley_Sharps, Apr 22, 2008.

Tags:
  1. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

[​IMG]

2. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

[​IMG]

3. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

[​IMG]

AD1, chelloveck, Ganado and 2 others like this.
  4. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

[​IMG]

5. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

We have good reason for that - the Metric system is based on a falsehood that the Earth is both round and static in size and shape. In fact, due to variances about when and where you measure the Earth the meter is never exactly the same as it was previously. As far as I know the Metric system was only invented so I would need to buy twice as many wrenches and always have the wrong machine screw so I have to double up on trips to the hardware store for the right one.

The foot, on the other hand, though arbitrarily based is consistent in its definition, and keeps us sharp by forcing us to understand fractions and multiplying/dividing by 3 and 5,280, etc., as well as decimals. Also, it pisses off the Frenchies and their smug scientific based arses.

AD1, john316, Mountainman and 3 others like this.
  6. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

For REAL !!??
    The imperial system is so flawed & when I was in school we were taught stone weight , height by hands , bushels , basket & 4 peck to a pint stuff , total goofy system. England 1950's

AD1 likes this.
  7. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

"A pint's a pound, the world around." Somehow, "A liter's a kilogram, the world is not round" doesn't roll off the tongue quite so readily.

Tully Mars likes this.
  8. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

[​IMG]

Research, using data provided by the Office for National Statistics (UK), found that draught lager had risen from 14p a pint in 1973 to £2.87 last year. A Pound is about $1.25. ($3.59/pint) Still a bargain!!

hank2222, Yard Dart and Gator 45/70 like this.
  9. DKR

[​IMG]
    Screw this! I want at least a glass of brew for a pint of my precious bodily fluids...

hank2222 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  10. DKR

[​IMG]
    Good news. Pint's are still a Pound (Sterling) at Sherlock's on weekdays.

hank2222, Gator 45/70 and ghrit like this.
  11. DKR

[​IMG]
    mere bar food, this.

12. DKR

A controversial Stockton pub has been given the green light to start selling alcohol from 9am after police withdrew an objection.

The PoundPub’s original application to Stockton Council to start selling alcohol at 8am met with the objection from Cleveland Police over concerns about anti-social behaviour.. (ya think?)[​IMG]
    Just damn. Welcome to Britain.

13. DKR

14. DKR

[​IMG]
    Lucky’s Market – which is a small chain based in Boulder, Co is a real trend setter. Who needs Whole Foods when you can real Craft Beer to shop with?

15. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

[​IMG]

Tully Mars, oldawg, 3cyl and 5 others like this.
  16. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

You forgot barley corns there, Frenchie...

On a serious note the distance from the Equator to the geometric North Pole is defined as (EDIT) 10,000 kM. The problem with that is that the Earth is a spheroid and not a perfect sphere. It is, in fact slightly pear shaped so this critical distance not only varies with longitude, but even more so with hemisphere. The shape changes slightly from season to season and also slightly due to the orbit of the moon. Thus the meter shrinks and grows constantly, so it has been given a standard reference measure to keep things straight.

The foot, on the other hand was purely arbitrary where someone basically said "That right there's a foot" and then documented as a standard reference measure.

Both systems are equally difficult to use because the wrench or socket you need has always been misplaced and you eventually find it several days later next to the flat/Phillips/Torx, etc. screwdriver you also couldn't find which is why you eventually had to remove that last machine screw with an easy out.

On another note I have been refurbishing some 1970's/1980's Japanese audio equipment to keep my analog electronic skills active. One amplifier I just broke down uses a mix of Imperial, metric, and I swear to God fractional metric sizes mixed throughout everything from panel sizes to hardware.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
    chelloveck likes this.
  17. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

Your not a Frenchie, but English, so what's the problem? Plus, who really cares?

18. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

Don't give a shit if someone calls me a merican, whitey or honkey. I am above their standards of racist bullshit and could care less what someone calls me.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  19. john316

john316 Monkey+++

yes it was a long weekin

20. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Lighten up, it's my sense of humor and nothing more. I didn't mean to offend. "frenchie" was a reference to the French who invented the metric system as well as many other scientific standards and not meant to be derogatory.

I do apologize if you missed the humor and are offended. It won't happen again.

1. Yard Dart
  2. Yard Dart
  3. Altoidfishfins
  4. Yard Dart
    [IMG]
    Thread by: Yard Dart, Oct 23, 2018, 23 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  5. 3M-TA3
  6. Witch Doctor 01
  7. Asia-Off-Grid
    [ATTACH]
    Thread by: Asia-Off-Grid, Jul 25, 2018, 10 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  8. chelloveck
  9. 3M-TA3
  10. Yard Dart
  11. OldDude49
  12. RJB
  13. Legion489
    [IMG]
    Thread by: Legion489, Jun 13, 2017, 8 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  14. Yard Dart
  15. Yard Dart
  16. chelloveck
  17. Yard Dart
  18. Ganado
  19. 3M-TA3
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7