Motivational Poster Thread (warning content)

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by Quigley_Sharps, Apr 22, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Doggie style it is then !!!

2. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

image.

3. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

For the last two weeks of my last job I probably said that 100 times.

"Hey, DarkLight, why does the vendor <insert asinine BS stupid ridiculous "thing" here>?"
    "Dunno man, not my circus, not my monkeys."

Don't get me wrong, I worked there and worked hard for the company until my employment ceased but there were some projects that I was done being the go to person for when I shouldn't have even been involved for over a year. Seriously, had a project that had celebrated TWO birthdays with ZERO to show for it from the operations side of the house. Dude, SO not my circus anymore and you can have ALL of the poo flinging monkeys!

4. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

DL

I just sent this this morning...i should have sent the Not My Monkey Meme

ALCON

I have thought long and hard about this decision and have come to the conclusion that when you are in a deep hole you need to stop digging.

After this last trip for the demo for 3rd SFG using all of my airline miles, rental car and hotel points so I would not dig myself deeper in debt for XXXXXXXX, I am tapping out.

I know everyone has been on partial pay but besides (Bosses name here), I have been subsidizing my reduced pay when traveling on my credit card.

When I turn in the invoice for the first half of August, I will be behind in excess of $25,000 in back pay and travel expenses.

I am actively seeking any other employment at this time because I am out of my personal cash reserves to float the reduced/late pay and travel expenses.

My decision is effective immediately.

If in the future you get funded AND all back pay is settled, I might consider consulting with XXXXXXX again, but NEVER will I go longer than one missed pay period or travel reimbursement.

I will not discuss this matter this weekend, but will be available next week if you wish to talk.

image.

5. DarkLight

@AD1 - If I read that right, I'm sorry to hear about the situation. I have been in a similar one and in the end wrote off over $100,000 due and used my self-employment tax reserves to pay off my suppliers and set up a payment plan with the IRS for almost $15k (took three years to pay it off).

All of my contracts stipulate that if they miss the deadline there is a penalty in addition to interest, and that if I have to take them to court they agree to pay my legal fees whether regardless of who wins and I don't pay theirs (again, regardless of who wins). I have had to threaten legal action before but never gone to court over it and the penalty clause has cost me business. Frankly, if you are concerned with the penalty clause, then I don't think I want to do business with you because you are afraid it's going to apply. Ain't nobody got time for that!

A couple of jobs ago I was asked if they could call me if they needed help. I said sure, my rate is $150/hr with a three hour minimum and you pay travel one direction. They laughed at the time and I got a call 2 weeks later asking for how to do some stupid piddling thing. I told them sure, I'll send over an invoice and you can pay it up front (they had let me go two DAYS before Christmas and then jerked me around for my final check). They said they couldn't do that and I told them to lose the number and if I ever got another call from them it would be reported to the FCC and the State Attorney General.

Never got another call but a buddy who works there emailed me and asked what I said/did because for the second time in a couple of weeks, the owner (a good Mormon man) was cussing to raise the devil. :D

Motomom34, Yard Dart, Ganado and 4 others like this.
  6. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

I came in as the VP of Sales and Marketing to try and save this company from a disaster the the pervious guy had burned through almost 1 million dollars in funding and had about $150k in sales.

There was always big stuff in the pipeline, multiple $20-50 Million in orders from the miltary that he was positive were coming in.

He basiscly told the owner what he wanted to hear will he collected a paycheck.

After 1.5 years and nothing coming in he left.

I was brought in a year ago to help recover, but he had set up all of sales through a third party called a TLS (Taylored Logistics Support .... Think Walmart for the Military.)

That was by design so he never had to close a deal because this TLS vendor had their sales guys in the field talking to the customer. Their agreement precludes our company from contacting the end user directly.

So my hands were tied.

The total of about $28,000 is What is owed me from the begining of July for consulting fees and expenses.

They just dont have any money, it not like they do and are not paying. They have about 2M in debt and the IRS is knocking at the door.

There is a $2.5 Million VC fund that has been in the wings for at least 5 months and they keep saying next week, next week...

I just had it and had to eject. Once I saw the pipeline was bogus there was little for me to do to turn it around with the TSL vendor between me and the end user.

Motomom34, Tully Mars and 3M-TA3 like this.
  7. DarkLight

The $100k was what was owed me and the company had 0 coming in. The did this thing called a disincorporation and stiffed a couple dozen folks for a couple million total. And that was almost 20 years ago.

Screw me once. ..

Tully Mars and AD1 like this.
  8. DarkLight

And now back to your regularly scheduled silliness

[​IMG]

9. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

Mods

Please feel free to remove the run away posts of necessary

10. DarkLight

[​IMG]

11. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

No MOD, needed... These are ALL good things to remember, in dealing with Employers.... That tend to be on the shady side....

Motomom34, AD1 and Tully Mars like this.
  12. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Agreed & I feel for you two guys !! Know the dreams/nightmares & cost.
    good all BT.
    & it's a Pi-cake

AD1 likes this.
  13. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

image.
    2020 Summer Games hopefully.

14. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Pie are round, corn bread are square.

15. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

[​IMG]
    when people say - it could be worse, they have no idea....

16. DKR

[​IMG]

john316, 3M-TA3 and Motomom34 like this.
  17. DKR

[​IMG]
    things are good all over, at least that's what the papers are saying.... In real life, not so much.

3M-TA3, Motomom34, Tully Mars and 2 others like this.
  18. DKR

[​IMG]
    sadly, this poster isn't all that far off.

19. DKR

[​IMG]
    Yup - been to waaaay too many of those interviews...

tbf8170, natshare, Motomom34 and 3 others like this.
  20. DKR

[​IMG]
    same old stuff, just a different day.

1. Yard Dart
  2. Yard Dart
  3. Altoidfishfins
  4. Yard Dart
    [IMG]
    Thread by: Yard Dart, Oct 23, 2018, 23 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  5. 3M-TA3
  6. Witch Doctor 01
  7. Asia-Off-Grid
    [ATTACH]
    Thread by: Asia-Off-Grid, Jul 25, 2018, 10 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  8. chelloveck
  9. 3M-TA3
  10. Yard Dart
  11. OldDude49
  12. RJB
  13. Legion489
    [IMG]
    Thread by: Legion489, Jun 13, 2017, 8 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  14. Yard Dart
  15. Yard Dart
  16. chelloveck
  17. Yard Dart
  18. Ganado
  19. 3M-TA3
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7