Motivational Poster Thread (warning content)

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by Quigley_Sharps, Apr 22, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

[​IMG]

2. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Not to mention the Doctor can't find his TARDIS...
    [​IMG]

Gator 45/70, chelloveck and Ganado like this.
  3. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

A point few seem to consider is WHY.....

consider the possibility of an entire tribe of people that perhaps were diseased....

perhaps they had some sexual practices that had infected them with an aids like sickness?

perhaps they had taken up some odd practice that insured they were all infected with something that was lethal but slow?

we just don't know...... but it is a possibility that many seem to ignore when they read that portion........

but it does seem to indicate those people were somehow... corrupted..... a word that can have many meanings..

as to thou shall not kill....... when I was very young the dictionaries held the word kill as having the same meaning murder..

like the book who killed cock robin........ meant who murdered........

there is also the difference between kill and slay.......... the two words had different meaning when I was much younger...

to kill was murder or take the life of an innocent.... whereas slay was to take the life of another in mutual combat...

you could also find the reference on the eye of a needle as being a sally port like entrance thru a wall of a middle eastern city that was shaped in such a way that a camel could fit through it on it's knees...

and IIRC in the original Hebrew version does say thou shall not murder......... ask a Rabbi perhaps?

over the years many words have come to have different meanings then when I was young........

oddly enough kill... for a very long time meant murder...... only in the last 30 or 40 years has that changed...

IIRC when the KJV was originally printed kill and murder meant the same thing.......

Wild Trapper likes this.
  4. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

I don't want to continue the thread creep here but I have to make a couple of quick comments. First, the English Bible is not translated from the original languages, Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek. A direct word for word translation is not possible. Rather it is "transliterated". Meaning that a monk would read a passage in the original language then attempt to express it in English. The phrase in Hebrew that was transliterated as "thou shalt not kill" doesn't really fit the proper Hebrew syntax. The phrase is much more in depth than that. It means to kill on purpose, with malice. A much more accurate translation would be "thou shalt not murder".
    As for the command to slaughter the Amalakites, they were hardly innocents, having opposed the Israelites. The order to kill them was because they had made themselves enemies of God. And the order to kill all of them, to commit "war crimes", has to be looked at through the prism of time. An ability we as mortals do not possess. The Amalakites were one of the precursors to the modern day Palestinians. If the Israelites had of obeyed God's command, which they didn't, by taking a few hundred lives all those millenia ago how many thousands of innocent lives would have been spared today?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
    T. Riley, Wild Trapper and 3M-TA3 like this.
  5. Wild Trapper

Wild Trapper Pirate Biker

I just consider the source. Posts should be at least motivational at least to the average user. q5ouj.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  6. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

[​IMG]
    motivated, motivated motivated - that's what I am......

(BTW - this is a water jump)

7. DKR

[​IMG]
    pppfffft - this is just mud.

Wait until it's ice and mud.....talk about FUN!

BlueDuck and Gator 45/70 like this.
  8. DKR

[​IMG]
    ask yourself this kid...which end of the stick do you want to be on???

Witch Doctor 01 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  9. DKR

[​IMG]
    warrior ethos - more than mere motivation...

10. DKR

[​IMG]
    ya got the wrong kinds shoes for running there., Sport....

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  11. DKR

[​IMG]
    do what you can, to the best of your ability and know you did your best. Rest easy.

Ganado likes this.
  12. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

Not going to ride this one.
    image.

13. DKR

[​IMG]
    This is just plain funny....

14. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

First thing I noticed was the rebreather and wetsuit booties.

Cruisin Sloth likes this.
  15. DKR

[​IMG]
    as a fiction writer, I completely understand...the voices in my head tell me this is so!

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
    tbf8170 and Ganado like this.
  16. DKR

Lead man is carrying the RB - 5, the fins are optional....

AD1 likes this.
  17. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

1 & 2 are carrying the same thing. And fins are strapped to their legs.

Cruisin Sloth likes this.
  18. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

image.

Ganado, Yard Dart, TXKajun and 4 others like this.
  19. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

I want to be with an outfit that understands what the military crest of a hill is.

Yard Dart likes this.
  20. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

[​IMG]

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  1. Yard Dart
  2. Yard Dart
  3. Altoidfishfins
  4. OldDude49
  5. Yard Dart
    [IMG]
    Thread by: Yard Dart, Oct 23, 2018, 23 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  6. 3M-TA3
  7. Witch Doctor 01
  8. Asia-Off-Grid
    [ATTACH]
    Thread by: Asia-Off-Grid, Jul 25, 2018, 10 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  9. chelloveck
  10. 3M-TA3
  11. Yard Dart
  12. OldDude49
  13. RJB
  14. Legion489
    [IMG]
    Thread by: Legion489, Jun 13, 2017, 8 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  15. Yard Dart
  16. Yard Dart
  17. chelloveck
  18. Yard Dart
  19. Ganado
  20. 3M-TA3
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7