Motivational Poster Thread (warning content)

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by Quigley_Sharps, Apr 22, 2008.

Tags:
  1. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

2. chelloveck

3. chelloveck

[​IMG]

4. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

How about a little truth with your meme?

5. chelloveck

Truth and memes?? That's just plain crazy talk kell. :p As if Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin could be bothered looking at Sarah's house, even if that were possible. Though I suspect that the person creating the meme is probably spot on with Sarah's taste in soft furnishings. ;)

If memes had to be factually accurate in all details to be posted...the satire and parody industry would wither to virtually nothing.

The meme is a parody of Palin parody memes...making fun of both Sarah, and a particular meme that parodies Sarah.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
    Ganado likes this.
  6. kellory

That meme is a parody of a lie. It makes fun of an impersonator, not the genuine article.

7. chelloveck

The Putin meme is a parody of a parody of a claim that though technically true, is itself something of a misdirection. The meme makes fun of an impersonation of an impersonation of someone giving the impression that they have credibility in a field (foreign policy) on the basis that Alaska and Russia , um..I mean the Neo Soviet Union, are neighbours ing countries sharing a common international border.

I can't say that Palin's effort to redeem herself from her earlier gaffe was any great improvement.

Palin's comments, attempting to boost her foreign-policy credentials in the lead up to her VP campaign is the stuff of kindergarten level interviewing. It would be as laughable if the Governors of Texas, New Mexico, Arizona or California were to claim particular expertise in Foreign Policy simply because their States share an international border with Mexico and that they can actually see Mexico from their own State.

Never let trivially true facts get in the way of enjoying a funny meme that satirises eminently satirisible (if that is such a word) political clowns...on both sides of the political divide! Particularly if the parody exposes a greater truth than what is trivially true. ;)

8. chelloveck

[​IMG]

I want it to be true....I believe it to be true to the kind of reasoning one might expect from a politician wanting to strut their conservative credentials.....but dang me if Snopes says that it's false! :( But, then again...what does Snopes know?...Snopes certainly enjoys little to no credibility by some here. :LOL:

Ted Cruz Said Americans Should Pray Sickness Away? : snopes.com

9. chelloveck

[​IMG]

Wild Trapper, Ganado and Tobit like this.
  10. chelloveck

[​IMG]

11. chelloveck

[​IMG]

Tully Mars and Gator 45/70 like this.
  12. chelloveck

tbf8170 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  13. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

[​IMG]

tbf8170, Marck, chelloveck and 2 others like this.
  14. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

[​IMG]

15. kellory

Chelly, she said it badly, understood, but I understand what she meant, which you apparently do not.
    She meant that every contact with Russia, from a threat perspective, starts and ends with Alaska. That it aggression from either nation would effect Alaska first by proximity, as a launching platform, and as a target full of resources.
    Every action and reaction puts them in harms way first, and that thought is never far from your mind because they are so close. You can't put your head in the sand, and expect everything to work itself out. You have to think about what the ramifications of every political decision on a more intense level when it effects your home and your safety.
    Even the smallest school child in the video, knew who that was across the waves. Constant threat does effect your thinking.
    Do I agree, it improves her foreign policy creds? As experience, no. It does not. But it DOES show evidence of thinking about actions and reactions, and who will be on the points of the spears first.
    Much like the violent drinker who lives down the hall, you don't trust him, you would never let him behind you in the dark, or be caught alone by him, and you plan your days with him as a factor in all things. He has a history, he has strength enough to do alot of damage, and his thinking is foreign to you. He is a potential threat at all times. His proximity keeps him always in your mind.
    I understood what she meant. It is just not as simple to put into sound bites, for someone who does not understand it. It is much like explaining color to the blind. Something that is fundamental to you, yet difficult to put into words. How do you do it off the cuff, without prepared scientific data, and notes on how color could perceived by the blind? What does come out of your mouth, is a generalization, a description of a feeling, about perception. It will miss the mark.
    I'm not surprised she was mocked for it, because the statement lacked clarity, and they did not understand it. Easiest all round, to simply make fun of what you don't understand.
    I don't know if you have ever been in front of a camera, but I have. It can be intimidating, and there is a natural tendency to fill every pause. To not freeze up on camera, and forget your lines, or your next move. You end up saying things you didn't mean to say aloud, or even at all. (Like listening to someone on the radio for the first time. Nothing but um, er, and long pauses) The camera catches every error you make, and magnifies it, and yet it is best if you ignore it completely. It's not that easy to appear natural on camera.
    What she said, was to truly stupid. Trying to explain her perception, failed to convey her intent.

16. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Gentlemen this is for meme's not dissertations on righteousness could you please take it to pm? if you don't like the meme the it's OK to move on or pm

17. kellory

No. There are more than 400 pages in this thread, and if you have read them, many posted comments are discussed in depth, as memes conflict with reality, or just follow a sports team. (SEAHAWKS)CHESTTHUMPS)
    If all you want as images, try "Google images"

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  18. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

[​IMG]

19. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

[​IMG]

20. chelloveck

[lolol]

1. Yard Dart
  2. Yard Dart
  3. Altoidfishfins
  4. Yard Dart
    [IMG]
    Thread by: Yard Dart, Oct 23, 2018, 23 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  5. 3M-TA3
  6. Witch Doctor 01
  7. Asia-Off-Grid
    [ATTACH]
    Thread by: Asia-Off-Grid, Jul 25, 2018, 10 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  8. chelloveck
  9. 3M-TA3
  10. Yard Dart
  11. OldDude49
  12. RJB
  13. Legion489
    [IMG]
    Thread by: Legion489, Jun 13, 2017, 8 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  14. Yard Dart
  15. Yard Dart
  16. chelloveck
  17. Yard Dart
  18. Ganado
  19. 3M-TA3
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7