Motivational Poster Thread (warning content)

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by Quigley_Sharps, Apr 22, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

img-b9278b1b.

2. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

For years, every time I'd turn my head to look at a driver in a passing car, it'd be an elf girl. Now I've driven many hundreds of thousands of miles and it seems like I look at more drivers in Asheville, NC than anywhere else. Are they swerving into my lane to get my attention? Maybe just pacing me too long.

It makes me wonder just what's going on up there.

SB21, Seawolf1090 and Jerry Fisk like this.
  3. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

The way you fit in a Camaro, they may be looking for a giant!

SB21 and Seawolf1090 like this.
  4. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

It also had a 336 area code ,, I think that's around Winston Salem ,,

5. hot diggity

I remember when the whole State was 919. There was a radio ad with a jingle that sang "Operator give me 919."

I remember phone exchanges that started with Kenwood. My first phone number started with KE5.

Try to figure that out on your cell phone. Kids today will never know the excitement of calling collect...
    Or finding a dime in a coin return.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2024 at 22:07
    SB21 likes this.
  6. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Back in the late 60s,, early 70s ,, my mom was an Operator for the phone company,, I could come home from school,, dial Zero for the Operator,, and my Mom would answer ,, 95% of the time. Back then ,, there was 2 operators on duty,, and my Mom was one of them ,,and this was a big town ,, even bigger today.

hot diggity likes this.
  7. hot diggity

I used to call "Miss Whaley" the Camp Lejeune Naval Hospital operator to get connected to anywhere in the hospital. She seemed to be on duty 24/7. I spent way more time in that place than I would've liked, but she was always wonderful to me.

1. Yard Dart
  2. Yard Dart
  3. Altoidfishfins
  4. Yard Dart
    [IMG]
    Thread by: Yard Dart, Oct 23, 2018, 23 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  5. 3M-TA3
  6. Witch Doctor 01
  7. Asia-Off-Grid
    [ATTACH]
    Thread by: Asia-Off-Grid, Jul 25, 2018, 10 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  8. chelloveck
  9. 3M-TA3
  10. Yard Dart
  11. OldDude49
  12. RJB
  13. Legion489
    [IMG]
    Thread by: Legion489, Jun 13, 2017, 8 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  14. Yard Dart
  15. Yard Dart
  16. chelloveck
  17. Yard Dart
  18. Ganado
  19. 3M-TA3
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7