Motivational Poster Thread (warning content)

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by Quigley_Sharps, Apr 22, 2008.

Tags:
  1. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

[​IMG]

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  2. hot diggity

3. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

That is one bad BEAR
    we have had 2 machines beat to junk from them , 206L and a Griffin .
    Boys were ok , pulled just in time and the flying bird moved the killer away ..

Need a 12 gauge /wad/ 16"/folding stock , and dance moves , as I have learnt

duane and SB21 like this.
  4. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Monkey+++ Founding Member

…….happily gambling and other lottery winning are NOT subject to tax here !

5. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Yep, at 66 I still only do real temps..... in F!

6. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

There are 192, IIRC, countries in the world. The US tax laws are shared by only one of them, Eritrea. Where the hell is Eritrea? It's a central African dictatorship that has never had an election.
    We are the only "democratic" country that has global taxation. Meaning anywhere in the world a US slave, aka citizen works they have to pay income tax to the US government on that money.
    All the years I worked overseas I heard all the time how it must be nice that I didn't have to pay taxes on that money, earned from a foreign source, on foreign land, and mostly brought back and spent in the US. Yeah right.
    I'm trying to sell my house in another country. When I sell it the IRS will want me to pay tax on the profit from it.

Gator 45/70 and Seawolf1090 like this.
  7. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Interesting how the down under commie criticizes US lotto winners for not sharing their winnings and how it's OK for the IRS stealing a percentage of the winnings for the supposed public good. Yet Australia does not take tax gambling or lotto winnings ------classic liberal do as I say not as I do

8. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

My earlier post was not a criticism of gamblers who keep their winnings. I was pointing out that the Government provides services which an individual is not able to obtain as an individual...some services are only obtainable by paying someone else for them...either a private enterprise corporation, or a government organisation...either way the services have to be paid for by someone.

I did not make that legislative rules governing taxation in Australia, and in fact, gambling is taxed, just that the winnings earned by a gambler (Who is not a professional gambler) ATO Community are not taxed....however, revenue earned by gambling operations from both winning and losing gamblers IS taxed at the gambling enterprise level...so, yes, gamblers contribute to the government revenue base when they lose their shirts, pawn their rings, doing the dumb things, just that they do it indirectly.

I'm not your classic liberal, and I did work for a government lottery department for a while...having worked out the statistical odds of winning, it put me off gambling for life...I don't even put a wager on the Melbourne Cup anymore.

Gaming and wagering tax

https://austgamingcouncil.org.au/fact-centre/economic-contribution
    The following reference is a little dated, but I doubt that it has changed in essence
    https://australiainstitute.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/DP16_8.pdf

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 21, 2023
  9. hot diggity

10. hot diggity

11. hot diggity

12. hot diggity

13. hot diggity

14. hot diggity

15. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

b3a58bf4a6f78568.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  16. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

I fondly remember Boone's Farm, several flavors but Strawberry Hill was a favorite!

Gator 45/70, tbf8170 and Tempstar like this.
  17. Ahhhh,,,,, the lottery.
    The government found a way to tax STUPID!

18. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

19. hot diggity

20. hot diggity

1. Yard Dart
  2. Yard Dart
  3. Altoidfishfins
  4. Yard Dart
    [IMG]
    Thread by: Yard Dart, Oct 23, 2018, 23 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  5. 3M-TA3
  6. Witch Doctor 01
  7. Asia-Off-Grid
    [ATTACH]
    Thread by: Asia-Off-Grid, Jul 25, 2018, 10 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  8. chelloveck
  9. 3M-TA3
  10. Yard Dart
  11. OldDude49
  12. RJB
  13. Legion489
    [IMG]
    Thread by: Legion489, Jun 13, 2017, 8 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  14. Yard Dart
  15. Yard Dart
  16. chelloveck
  17. Yard Dart
  18. Ganado
  19. 3M-TA3
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7