Motivational Poster Thread (warning content)

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by Quigley_Sharps, Apr 22, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

[​IMG]

HK_User, Sapper John, 3M-TA3 and 2 others like this.
  2. Yard Dart

[​IMG]

natshare, oldawg, chelloveck and 2 others like this.
  3. Yard Dart

[​IMG]

natshare, stg58, Sapper John and 2 others like this.
  4. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

This is sort of how my deer appeared this morning. One second there was nothing there, and then there it was. Silent, moving slowly, wary. Only I was hidden. I was watching. I was ready .... almost. The deer looked away for a second or two at something sensed, or heard. I raised my rifle, aligning the sight right where I want it. The deer looks back. It's too late. I fire, and the deer bolts, disappearing into the thick brush. It's all over. I know the house is awake now. My host didn't have any idea I would be overlooking the feeder this morning. The front door opens and he walks over to the gate and opens it; stepping though and into the driveway, looking this way and that, wondering where the shot came from, seeing nothing amiss. It is amazing how well concealed you can be with just a little cover and not moving. Moving can be death, depending who or what you are and what you are doing. Finally I speak and ask if he has any fresh coffee. It startles him for just a micro second. He asks if I got one. I responded with what do you think? He answers with, I'll fix the coffee, come on in. ...... Oh what a wonderful way to start the day.
    After coffee, the deer is retrieved, not 30 yards from where shot, hauled to the hoist to be hung and processed. After which we will have a late breakfast. Thank you lord. USN CPO Retired

5. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

[​IMG]

6. chelloveck

[​IMG]

7. chelloveck

[​IMG]

8. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

[​IMG]

Joseph Ambrose, an 86-year-old World War I veteran, attends the dedication day parade for the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in 1982, holding the flag that covered the casket of his son, who was killed in the Korean War.

Is that blood on his kleenex?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
  9. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

10. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

That's quite a load for a man with the fate of the free world depending on him. It's unbelievable and unthinkable that a man should be so encumbered while fighting for his life and that of others. It's no wonder he is taking a second Tebowing. Hopefully for his prayers he gets all the strength and fortitude to prevail and survive to return to his family and loved ones.

chelloveck, kellory, HK_User and 3 others like this.
  11. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

if he gets in a firefight, He will Jettison most of that weight, except the Ammo, and weapons.... and come back for it if he lives thru the Fight.....

Yard Dart likes this.
  12. Yard Dart

[​IMG]

13. Yard Dart

[​IMG]

Tully Mars, stg58, chelloveck and 5 others like this.
  14. Yard Dart

[​IMG]

natshare, CaboWabo5150 and GOG like this.
  15. Yard Dart

[​IMG]

I must be hungry.... cause this looks mighty tasty right now :)

16. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

You need the right equipment to do any real cooking...

[​IMG]

GOG, gunbunny and Yard Dart like this.
  17. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Don't know how many here have had a chance to go to a Chuck wagon cook-off... Great fun.

Cooking in cast iron is fun, cooking in cast iron off the back off a real-deal check wagon - more fun-er. Not a blender to be seen.
    [​IMG]

18. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Well, that does look good.

when I worked at a gun range that had a restaruant in it, they had an appetizer called "Pregnant Nacho's". It was BBQ nachos (Chips, pulled pork & sauce/nacho cheese) with baked beans, coleslaw and nacho cheese. That was mighty tasty, though it didn't look good at all.

GOG and Yard Dart like this.
  19. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

A pulled pork sundae. Awesome!

20. Yard Dart

[​IMG]

1. Yard Dart
  2. Yard Dart
  3. Altoidfishfins
  4. Yard Dart
    [IMG]
    Thread by: Yard Dart, Oct 23, 2018, 23 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  5. 3M-TA3
  6. Witch Doctor 01
  7. Asia-Off-Grid
    [ATTACH]
    Thread by: Asia-Off-Grid, Jul 25, 2018, 10 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  8. chelloveck
  9. 3M-TA3
  10. Yard Dart
  11. OldDude49
  12. RJB
  13. Legion489
    [IMG]
    Thread by: Legion489, Jun 13, 2017, 8 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  14. Yard Dart
  15. Yard Dart
  16. chelloveck
  17. Yard Dart
  18. Ganado
  19. 3M-TA3
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7