Motivational Poster Thread (warning content)

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by Quigley_Sharps, Apr 22, 2008.

Tags:
  1. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

"While some see the craving for feedback" Navy Seeks to Adapt Training for Millennials | Military.com
    Let me set that right. You did what I ask and all is well. If you screwed around and wasted time and gear then I'll kick your ass.

Reckon that's enough feed back?

HK...........

Navy Seeks to Adapt Training for Millennials
    [​IMG]
    Sep 29, 2014
    Associated Press | by Michael Melia
    GROTON, Conn. — The U.S. Navy is looking for ways to adapt its training for millennials, young people raised in a child-centric culture who want and expect nurturing relationships with their bosses, the commanding officer of the submarine school in Groton said Friday.
    Navy Capt. Andrew Jarrett, a self-described member of 'Generation X,' said that as commander of the submarine school he has made it a priority to focus on mentoring.
    "For millennials, it's very important for them to have a relationship with their boss, just like they had with their parents," Jarrett said during a talk with a submarine veterans' group. "They don't want to be friends but they want you to care about them and give them feedback."
    While some see the craving for feedback as a weakness, Jarrett said it could be a benefit if it's embraced by the Navy. He said the chief of naval operations has indicated his office is reviewing changes that may help tailor training for the new generation of sailors and officers.
    A 1989 graduate of the U.S. Naval Academy, Jarrett is a career submarine officer who assumed command in July 2013 at the Naval Submarine School, which has a staff of 400 people and about 1,500 students enrolled on a given day. He served previously for four years at the academy in Annapolis, Maryland, where he became deputy commandant of midshipmen.
    At the sub school, many of the students are enlisted sailors who arrive in their late teens and early 20s. Jarrett said many come from backgrounds with strong family support, and when they arrive in Groton, there's a sense "of 'where's my Navy mom and dad?'"
    "That's where we as a submarine force are struggling a bit," said Jarrett, who added that some junior officers have had a hard time adjusting to Navy ways.
    More broadly, Jarrett said he has focused on emphasizing ethics at the sub school. In presentations to students, he said he reviews the cases of disgraced officers including Cmdr. Michael P. Ward II, the former commander of a Connecticut-based attack submarine who faked his own death to end an extramarital affair.
    "We don't give our kids clear enough messages about right and wrong," he said.

oldawg likes this.
  2. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

[​IMG]

3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Now, The above is TOTALLY Funny....

4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Good God in Heaven. We are going to lose ships.

oldawg likes this.
  5. VisuTrac

[​IMG]

Gator 45/70 and GOG like this.
  6. VisuTrac

Halloween is coming, nothing can stop it.
    Well maybe an ice storm could.

7. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

They want a nurturing relationship? They don't get a clear enough message about right and wrong ? They could just bring back a few really salty old chiefs and 1st crows. Experts at CLEAR messages and you will never ever doubt your relationship. A Navy mom and dad? Yeah right.

tacmotusn likes this.
  8. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

For the Love of God, please tell me you got this off The Onion. Otherwise, we are doomed.

oldawg likes this.
  9. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

No crap... We had a new airman show up with his mom to his in-processing. Glad to only be a reservist at times like this.

10. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

link goes to military.com Unfreakingbelievable

11. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

[LMAO]

[​IMG]
    [boozingbuddies]

12. HK_User

And find your throat slit the next morning.

13. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I'm SURE your own wife approved that message?;)......

14. Yard Dart

It was to funny to not post..... a buddy and his wife traded these barbs at each other on FB..... she posted that one above.... he replied with this. :)

[​IMG]

15. HK_User

Dunno, but heard her at the sharpening set.

kellory likes this.
  16. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

On the edge there YD .. Doing Solar now I needed to learn about Static electricity & charges , Seems my wife says the drier sheets aren't working as well as they did.

[​IMG]

17. HK_User

Funny.

A young lady ask my wife just the other day" Did you make him do that, in ref to wearing a shirt that matched." Mywife just looked at her and said something like "are you for real?'

18. Yard Dart

[OO] [chopper]

19. HK_User

All I can say it" That's gonna hurt when the spray adhesive sets"

20. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Hair spray is used by bar maids far and wide......

1. Yard Dart
  2. Yard Dart
  3. Altoidfishfins
  4. OldDude49
  5. Yard Dart
    [IMG]
    Thread by: Yard Dart, Oct 23, 2018, 23 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  6. 3M-TA3
  7. Witch Doctor 01
  8. Asia-Off-Grid
    [ATTACH]
    Thread by: Asia-Off-Grid, Jul 25, 2018, 10 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  9. chelloveck
  10. 3M-TA3
  11. Yard Dart
  12. OldDude49
  13. RJB
  14. Legion489
    [IMG]
    Thread by: Legion489, Jun 13, 2017, 8 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  15. Yard Dart
  16. Yard Dart
  17. chelloveck
  18. Yard Dart
  19. Ganado
  20. 3M-TA3
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7