Motivational Poster Thread (warning content)

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by Quigley_Sharps, Apr 22, 2008.

Tags:
  1. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

msJXJRZOboc6.

oldawg, SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  2. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

ycVOjF6weOr7.

techsar, SB21, tbf8170 and 2 others like this.
  3. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

6rzZqfZvrvW8.

techsar, SB21, tbf8170 and 1 other person like this.
  4. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

7e514e90da2144a5.

mrghostwalker, techsar, SB21 and 2 others like this.
  5. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

28025f5881b6bb45.

mrghostwalker, techsar, SB21 and 3 others like this.
  6. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

29dae8de4f35e5dd.

mrghostwalker, techsar, SB21 and 2 others like this.
  7. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

8b15b3ce62dd44bb.

8. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

6fe0fc22899e0aad.

9. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

c3ab98ca4e8bf0df.

10. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

5661e026c952a049.

11. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

And this is how the TPTB see us.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  12. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Gator 45/70, SB21 and Seawolf1090 like this.
  13. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Try Dr Zhivago, The death of Stalin for a couple

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  14. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  15. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

"Detroit is in Michigan and does NOT have strict gun control laws and the former police chief (who is running for governor as a R) told the citizens of Detroit that they (the people) were the first responders and to arm themselves and the cops would back them up."

I don't know what year the statistics for that meme were from. But a search of crime statistics and gun control laws tell much the same story.

This is from 2013. Have things changed since then?

"A quick review of Michigan gun laws shows that law abiding citizens wishing to own a gun for self-protection are strongly regulated and actively discouraged. First, they have to take and pass the Michigan Basic Pistol Safety questionnaire. Then they have to apply for the Ten Day Handgun Purchase Permit to buy the gun and make sure they find and buy the gun of their choice within 10 days, otherwise they have start the process all over again. When they make their purchase, they have to fill out a Michigan Pistol Sales Record form and make sure the pistol has a valid firearm Safety Inspection Certificate.

Once the citizen has purchased their firearm, they have 10 days to take the gun to the local police department, have the sale recorded, and a new Safety Inspection Certificate issued in their name. Otherwise, they are considered in violation of the law and could be arrested on a misdemeanor gun violation"

This from 2019

"
    Detroit has the second highest murder rate in the nation and is considered by many to be the most dangerous city in which to live in the United States. Simply put, gun control, as a means of controlling crime and protecting law abiding citizens, is a dismal failure.

The reason is quite simple. Criminals don’t obey laws, register their guns, or bother getting permits. "

From 2020
    "Gun violence is soaring in Detroit.

Homicides in the city are up more than 30 percent and non-fatal shootings are up over 50 percent, compared to this time in 2019. "

And from 2022

"During the first half of 2021, the city experienced the most homicides and non-fatal shootings in nearly a decade. But according to DPD, the year ended with an overall reduction in both compared to 2020 when gun violence soared."

And this from the FBI

Detroit remains among nation's most violent big cities, FBI statistics show
    George HunterHayley Harding
    The Detroit News

Detroit — With assaults, shootings and homicides on the rise across the country, Detroit continued last year to be among the most violent big cities in America, according to FBI statistics released Monday.

Detroit in 2020 had a rate of 2,248.4 violent crimes per 100,000 residents, behind only Memphis, Tennessee, as the highest rate in the country among cities with more than 100,000 residents.

So I think the meme is fairly accurate. I like what the guy running for office said. But will he get in? Let's hope so.

I thought the meme, if it is accurate, was quite revealing. Take out the most violent cities and the US as a whole is far less violent and prone to gun violence than most other countries.

Gator 45/70, Seawolf1090 and techsar like this.
  16. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

67 ,,, them other answers were wrong ,,, here's my guess

17. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

[​IMG]
    I think my skills have been further honed by 35 years of marriage.

18. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

It isn't a guess...it's a mathematical fact :)

19. hot diggity

Gun Permits Information | City of Detroit

This appears to be current scoop on Detroit gun laws. I remember fuming about the Michigan "pistol" length being 30" or less twenty years ago. I had to leave a couple rifles at home since they didn't make that length, even though they were perfectly legal 26" per Federal law. Nice to see some laws become more sensible, although there's plenty not to like about Michigan gun laws.

SB21, Seawolf1090 and Minuteman like this.
  20. hot diggity

1. Yard Dart
  2. Yard Dart
  3. Altoidfishfins
  4. Yard Dart
    [IMG]
    Thread by: Yard Dart, Oct 23, 2018, 23 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  5. 3M-TA3
  6. Witch Doctor 01
  7. Asia-Off-Grid
    [ATTACH]
    Thread by: Asia-Off-Grid, Jul 25, 2018, 10 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  8. chelloveck
  9. 3M-TA3
  10. Yard Dart
  11. OldDude49
  12. RJB
  13. Legion489
    [IMG]
    Thread by: Legion489, Jun 13, 2017, 8 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  14. Yard Dart
  15. Yard Dart
  16. chelloveck
  17. Yard Dart
  18. Ganado
  19. 3M-TA3
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7