Motivational Poster Thread (warning content)

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by Quigley_Sharps, Apr 22, 2008.

Tags:
  1. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

687fa00d11680ecb.

Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
  2. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

dbb9e62884dc8f80.

Gator 45/70, Homer Simpson and SB21 like this.
  3. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

ff5bed85b1ff85e9.

4. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

f23ea81ac65083ca.

c699018906e97421.

Idahoser, Gator 45/70, SB21 and 2 others like this.
  5. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

8a6aacf871ac9c58.

6. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

77b144b1ec2a1c2f.

7. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

19b6d38b94217ac1.

8. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

A lot of people underestimated Lucille Ball, to their regret. Gutsy lady, and a superb businesswoman!

9. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

374a474b9af34e54.

10. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

ea252c39320bcce9.

Gator 45/70, SB21 and Minuteman like this.
  11. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

12. hot diggity

13. hot diggity

14. hot diggity

15. hot diggity

16. hot diggity

17. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

4ca533dc232c08a6.

tbf8170, Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
  18. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

35e9bb2878c8cc41.

tbf8170, Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
  19. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Monkey+++ Founding Member

….. that is quite incorrect. I mean I have written about it here several times now. We all here complain over and over about dis/poor information but for as long as I have been here this has been perpetuated. As for licensing, Pretty much don’t have a criminal record and you a fine. I am honestly tired of correcting these things as you all are of correcting the rubbish spouted about the US.

Gator 45/70, SB21, chelloveck and 4 others like this.
  20. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

I have all respect for you Andy and don't want to get into a tit for tat here. If I'm mistaken on anything by all means correct me on it.
    The thing I was countering was Chells post insinuating that guns are widely available and more plentiful now than when the gun restrictions were enacted. It's the saying, there are three types of lies, lies, damn lies and statistics. These are the actual statistics

• Australian civilians now own more than 3.5 million registered firearms, an average of four for each licensed gun owner.
    • The proportion of Australians who hold a gun licence has fallen by 48 percent since 1997.
    • The proportion of Australian households with a firearm has fallen by 75 percent in recent decades.
    • Data indicates that people who already own guns have bought more rather than an increase in new gun owners.
    • The process to buy a firearms is quite onerous. As compared to here.
    • "I’ve got to go and fill out a permit to purchase and send it in with a payment of $30. And then I have to wait a further 30 days before that application is processed.

Pistols have more stringent rules. There’s a probationary period of six months and you have to turn up at your club and do eight competition shoots a year. If you’ve got different types of pistols it’s 12. "
    • The types of firearms is strictly regulated. The most common, and somewhat easiest licence to obtain is for category A firearms that includes
    • Category A is .22s, shotguns and air rifles. That’s the easiest license to obtain. No semiautomatics are allowed.

Category B is for center fire rifles. You have to provide a reason for why you need a more powerful gun. I shoot feral pigs and foxes; that’s a valid reason. Again, no semiautomatics.

Category C is available only to farmers; they can own a semiautomatic shotgun or .22 but the cartridges are limited to five shots for the shotgun and 10 shots for the .22.

Category D, for semiautomatic guns and rifles, is only for professional shooters: you have to have a registered business and prove that you are earning an income through shooting.

An H license is for handguns. If you want to buy a pistol in Australia you’ve got to be a member of a target pistol club. You’ve got to do a minimum of eight competition shoots per year to keep your license. If you don’t, you lose it.

Category G is for collectors. For that you’ve got to attend at least one meeting per year.
    • "the government brought in minimum barrel lengths for semiautomatic pistols and revolvers. So even though I own a German Luger, which has the same overall size as, say, a 1911 frame pistol, I can’t shoot it because the barrel length is 100 mm and not 125 mm. It has to sit in the safe on my collecting license, unfired."
    • So I stand by my statement. Single shots, low power, no semi autos, air rifles and black powder. Nothing that would be of much use to defend against any armed aggressor be it an invading force or one's own govt.
    • Remember, that is the reason we have the 2nd amendment. It's not about hunting. It's so the population always has the means to resist a tyrannical government.
    • I think the author in this article says a very revealing statement on the difference between Australian gun owners amd Americans.
    • "One big difference is that in Australia, we think owning a gun is a privilege, and in America people think of it as a right."
    • Right. A privilege is given and can be revoked. A right cannot.
    • And the attitudes are completely foreign (no pun intended) to us.
    • "In Australia we don’t want guns to protect our homes. That idea’s ridiculous. When I was growing up, I kept rifles under my bed. One day I was home sick and I was on my way to the loo when I see this guy at the front door shining a flashlight. I thought: I could get the rifle; and then I thought, I’ll just turn the lights on and he’ll run away, which is just what he did. Why would you shoot anybody?" Try living in Chicago with that kind of attitude.

Last edited: May 26, 2022
  1. Yard Dart
  2. Yard Dart
  3. Altoidfishfins
  4. Yard Dart
    [IMG]
    Thread by: Yard Dart, Oct 23, 2018, 23 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  5. 3M-TA3
  6. Witch Doctor 01
  7. Asia-Off-Grid
    [ATTACH]
    Thread by: Asia-Off-Grid, Jul 25, 2018, 10 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  8. chelloveck
  9. 3M-TA3
  10. Yard Dart
  11. OldDude49
  12. RJB
  13. Legion489
    [IMG]
    Thread by: Legion489, Jun 13, 2017, 8 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  14. Yard Dart
  15. Yard Dart
  16. chelloveck
  17. Yard Dart
  18. Ganado
  19. 3M-TA3
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7