More LEOs behaving badly

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by CATO, May 14, 2012.

1. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

a great example of harrassment

2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

As this happened in Washington DC, that NYPD Officer had NO Jurisdiction, and NO Legal Right, to ASK, or DO, ANYTHING.... If I was that Reporter, I would be on my Cellphone, and Calling 911, and REPORTING "A Harassment in Progress" and stating that "I WAS IN FEAR FOR MY LIFE" and see how that played out..... I suspect that he ALSO, would be violating the DC Carry & Weapons Ban, Statutes, (All Felony charges) if he didn't have Prior Approval by the DC Cops, In writing, beforehand..... The same is ABSOLUTELY TRUE, for that Yahoo CEO of Media Matters, and his Bodyguard/Confidant, and a lot of other so-Called "Big Shots" that wonder around networking, and Lobbying, the Politicos.....

3. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

Actually LEOSA exempts active and retired LEOs from carry and weapons bans...even in Chicago and DC.

But he definitely had no right to detain or question.

BTPost likes this.
  4. BTPost

Oh, I love this one....

Lake Stevens pays couple $100,000 after police force way into home
    Lake Stevens has agreed to pay $100,000 to a young couple after two officers, without a warrant, forced their way into their home and forcibly arrested the man over a day-old traffic confrontation.
    By Mike Carter
    Seattle Times staff reporter

MOST POPULAR COMMENTS
    The Everett Herald has another story about Warbis being involved in another incident in... (January 28, 2013, by Captrestop)
    Berg said Warbis and Wellington remain members of the Lake Stevens Police Department. ... (January 28, 2013, by rumblingalong)
    Lake Stevens should not pay this $100,000. It should be paid by the officers involved... (January 28, 2013, by El Gabilon)

Just before Lake Stevens police Officers Steve Warbis and James Wellington forced their way into the home of Brandon Fenter and roughly arrested him one night in June 2011, Warbis reportedly asked, “Remember me?”
    No doubt, Fenter will.
    The city paid Fenter and his wife $100,000 last week to settle a federal civil-rights lawsuit he filed over the incident.
    The lawsuit alleged that Warbis and Wellington had no warrant and could not meet any of the other criteria that could justify entering Fenter’s property without one, such as responding to an emergency. Fenter was charged with reckless driving after his arrest, but the charge was later dropped.
    According to the lawsuit, Fenter and his wife had first encounteredWarbis the day before his arrest while the couple were driving in Marysville. Fenter claims that Warbis leapt into the roadway and waved him down.
    Warbis reportedly identified himself as a police officer and told Fenter that he was driving recklessly and that he would be “issuing him a traffic citation in the mail.” The lawsuit says Warbis did not look at Fenter’s license or registration and noted that he was allowed to continue on his way.
    Fenter said that Warbis was off-duty, in civilian clothes and walking with his family “on the wrong side of the road.”
    The lawsuit also claimed that Warbis had no jurisdiction in Marysville nor cause to have pulled Fenter over.
    The next evening, according to the suit, the 27-year-old Fenter; his wife, Tiffany, 26; their young daughter; and Fenter’s brother, Cody, were sitting down to dinner in the rear of their Lake Stevens home. Fenter looked outside and noticed someone crouching and peering through the slats of a 6-foot cedar fence that surrounds his backyard.
    The two men stood, and Fenter says he recognized Warbis, accompanied by Wellington. Both men were armed and wearing their police uniforms, the suit says.
    It was at that point that Warbis reportedly asked, “Remember me?”
    “Defendants Warbis and Wellington began to threaten and use explicit language at Mr. Fenter and his family, demanding that he come out of his house to be arrested,” the lawsuit said.
    When he didn’t comply, the officers kicked a gate off its hinges and pushed their way into the home, “shoving Mr. Fenter violently and forcefully handcuffing him, causing injuries,” the suit claims.
    The lawsuit says Fenter has no criminal history and had never been arrested before. According to his attorney Justin Monro, Fenter’s father is a detective for Snohomish County.
    The lawsuit said the officers manhandled the handcuffed Fenter to a patrol car and took him to the Marysville Jail. He was charged with reckless driving, and he hired an attorney. The chargewas dismissed, according to the lawsuit.
    The department upheld the officers’ actions, and the city refused an initial offer to settle.
    The lawsuit was filed in December in U.S. District Court in Seattle. Given that civil-rights lawsuits often take years to resolve, the Fenter lawsuit was dealt with relatively quickly.
    City Administrator Jan Berg said the city and its insurer “entered into mitigation last month” and agreed to settle the case for $100,000.
    “Because litigation is a drain on taxpayer resources, the city decided to resolve this matter at the earliest stage possible to limit resources expended on the case,” she said. “Settlement of this matter was the best resolution for all parties involved.”
    Berg said Warbis and Wellington remain members of the Lake Stevens Police Department.
    Acting Police Chief Dan Lorentzen did not return telephone messages left at his office.

5. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Typical.

6. BTPost

Yep, If those Yahoos had been at MY BACK Fence, I would have them covered with my 12Ga Pump Shotgun, and when they broke down the Gate, they would have been shot with Slugs and 00Buck, inside 5 feet, since they had NO Warrant, which I would have DEMANDED, to be produced, BEFORE allowing Entry to my Property. Those two were VERY Lucky that they were up against a Sheep, and NOT a Sheepdog, or they would have been DEAD, both of them.... and for their Chief to allow them to stay employed, says a LOT about this Department. I suspect that the Citizens of Lake Stevens are going to have a LOT to say at the NEXT City Council Meeting... like " You want to be reElected? Get rid of those two, NOW!" .....

Brokor likes this.
  7. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Brokor likes this.
  8. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

9. BTPost

What can happen to you with Nosy Neighbors.... They are lucky the Cops were at least, NOT Shooting, their way IN.....

ANNA, Ill. (AP) — A southern Illinois family is finding their homemade maple syrup operation anything but sweet after investigators swarmed their property, mistaking their sap collection for a meth lab.
    Laura Benson tells KFVS-TV that drug agents showed up at her home near Anna on Wednesday morning saying they fielded a report that a meth-making operation was on the Union County property.
    When investigators pointed to buckets near some trees, 49-year-old Benson says she quickly explained the containers were collecting sap for the family's production of syrup.
    The law enforcers quickly moved on, taking with them some homemade syrup the Bensons gave them.
    Benson thanks her neighbors for being alert and notifying police, even if it was a misunderstanding. She's extending an open invitation to those locals to come by for pancakes.

That Lady is a LOT more forgiving than I would have Been..... I would be in Court, asking the Judge to explain exactly, WHY he signed the Search Warrant, in the first place, AND a few other things.... ..... YMMV.....

10. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

There have to be some red faces about now. Yeesh.

11. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Tennessee Cops Harass Old Lady After Mistaking Buckeye Bumper Sticker for Pot Leaf Bumper Sticker - Hit & Run : Reason.com

Tennessee Cops Harass Old Lady After Mistaking Buckeye Bumper Sticker for Pot Leaf Bumper Sticker

Mike Riggs|Feb. 15, 2013 8:31 pm
    buckeye-leaf-courtesy-of-wwwsb. courtesy of http://www.sbx-osu.comIf you thought the war on drugs couldn't get any dumber, then you aren't using your imagination. Last week, the former president of the Dallas-Fort Worth Ohio State Alumni Club was pulled over in Tennessee while driving from her mother-in-law's funeral in Ohio back to Texas. The reason? Tennessee police mistook the Buckeyes sticker on her ride for a pot leaf sticker, and thought it meant she was trafficking drugs (because people do that). The Columbus Dispatch reports:
    They were in the westbound lanes of I-40, a few miles east of Memphis, when a black police SUV with flashing lights pulled them over, Bonnie Jonas-Boggioni said. A second black SUV soon pulled up behind the first one.
    “Knowing I wasn’t speeding, I couldn’t imagine why,” she said.
    Two officers approached, one on each side of the car.
    “They were very serious,” she said. “They had the body armor and the guns.”
    Because the couple’s two schnauzers were barking furiously, one of the officers had Jonas-Boggioni exit the car so he could hear her better.
    “What are you doing with a marijuana sticker on your bumper?” he asked her.
    She explained that it is actually a Buckeye leaf decal, just like the ones that Ohio State players are given to put on their helmets to mark good plays.
    “He looked at me like I was speaking a foreign language,” she said.
    At that point, Boggioni got out of the car to show that he was wearing a commemorative sweatshirt from the 2002 national-championship season, complete with a Buckeye leaf.
    The officer then explained that someone from outside his jurisdiction — apparently another officer — had spotted the leaf sticker and thought it might indicate that the car was carrying marijuana, Jonas-Boggioni said.
    Before they let her go on her way, the officers advised Jonas-Boggioni to remove the decal from her car.
    “I said, ‘You mean in Tennessee?’ and he said, ‘No, permanently.’​
    Jonas-Boggioni refused to take down the sticker, saying, "This little old lady is no drug dealer." Good for her, standing up to those idiots. And if it had been a pot leaf? Turns out that's not reason enough to pull someon over, according to a spokeswoman for the West Tennessee Drug Task Force. Perhaps she should tell her officers?
    buckeye-leaf-courtesy-of-wwwsb.

12. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I don't think they teach botany and plant identification in the Tennessee police academy. It does not seem that the Tennessee police academy imparts much in the way of common sense either...:rolleyes:

tulianr likes this.
  13. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

14. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Phony, methinks. Unless he arrested her, he's assaulted her, not so?

15. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I'm no lawyer, but I'd say they should have had evidence BEFORE they arrested the guy. therefore, her phone coverage was secondary, and should have only documented their lawful action. i would agree, a supena should be required to seize personal property. Especially, as she DID offer a simple solution "watch the stream" that could have been done in the cruiser.

ghrit likes this.
  16. BTPost

Defiantly SO... That Cop is TOAST, and it is going to cost him, his department, a BIG PILE of cash... The Cop was stupid, and a Cowboy, of the worst kind.... And he isn't even a FrontLine Cop, but a Transit Cop just one step above Jailor.... Or Dog Catcher.... He needs to ride a Desk for a while and bone up on his case Law... My Opinion...Y and HIS MMV....

17. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

18. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

19. CaboWabo5150

CaboWabo5150 Hell's coming with me

20. Dogfood

Dogfood Monkey+++

If this POS showed up at my house after that he would get bagged at tagged. He needs to go to jail for terroristic threats. Where the fuck do they find these chicken shit thugs anyway?

Mountainman likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7