Marijuana - Ooooh that smell! A rant.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hot diggity, Jan 24, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

So, it's OK for your kid's teacher or school bus driver to light-up?

3cyl and Gator 45/70 like this.
  2. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

As I stated in my original post, I have no problem with people who smoke it. It's the stink I have a problem with.

Same as the taxidermist who leaves his leftovers in the trash, the puppy mill that piles poop in the shade under the bushes, or the pet crematorium that only fires up when the wind is blowing toward your back porch barbeque, the fetid marijuana stink quickly becomes intolerable.

Seawolf1090, SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  3. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

Yep can’t stand it I have seen some very good ball players I have coach drop ball quit school and are Dope there life away I have never tried smoking anything I don’t chew dip or drink never tried any of it and won’t and lol yes I am a marine

4. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

The only reason wacky tobaccy(as my old 1st Sgt. used to called it) is because there is no known roadside or lab test that can tell if a person is high on Marry Jane or if they have THC in their system from a joint they smoked three months ago, and yes, they can now tell if you have THC in your system for up to 90 or so days.

Had no use or curiosity to get high. Getting drunk the few times in my life was more than enough.

Seawolf1090, SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  5. hot diggity

I was once assigned the additional duty of SACO (Substance Abuse Counseling Officer) when I arrived at a new unit. My total responsibility was to keep tabs on a Staff Sergeant who did all the work, draw random numbers from a hat to see who got a whiz quiz and sign off on the chain of custody documents. We devised a rumor that was leaked within the squadron. This rumor described a new drug testing method that used hair samples rather than urine samples. We were really hoping to spot some newly bald Marines running around. There may have been a couple, so we let out the next rumor. "The hair doesn't have to come from your head." That got so many laughs that anybody that was smoking while on leave had second thoughts.

Mission accomplished.

Seawolf1090, SB21, TinyDreams and 2 others like this.
  6. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I wish I could still smoke weed but it just makes me cough until I throw-up. I can cook some wicked shit with it though!

7. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I don't have kids, but even if I did, I would never want to control another persons life. As an American, I would expect other Americans to stay the hell out of my life, too. It doesn't matter if I am an NFL athlete, a scientist, a bus driver, or a damn food court cashier. I've also known many people to smoke weed and drive and they've never been in an accident or died. I have, however seen an officer shoot and murder a teen who pulled away from a parking lot because the cop smelled weed and didn't like the fact that another human would dare to ignore his orders.

It's a plant, has multiple medicinal uses. It's not harmful. Welcome to America.

SB21, Gator 45/70 and Seacowboys like this.
  8. madmax

madmax Far right. Bipolar. Veteran. Don't push me.

Lol. My bus driver/algebra/calculus teacher/fencing coach (very small farm community) was stoned to the bone all day everyday. He reeked. From him and my classmates (circa '70's) I learned giving a stoner a cookie was much easier than calming a drunken asshole down. It was never my drug of choice. Beer was and is mine. Unless I'm on the wagon. I do that sometimes. I excelled in math and history. Teachers that were the only stoners that we knew of. I became an elementary teacher many moons down the road. Apparently the potency of pot got much much higher because my fellow teachers that toked were not the sharpest knives in the box. Nor the most athletic (another cookie please). But the drunks (yes parents, there are many in the profession) were not the pick of the litter either. Say what you will. If I had to pick, the stoner would always win out over the drunk to care for my child or me in the end. Fortunately, my wife is sure to outlive me. So I really don't have to worry about some half-assed nut job changing my diapers. We promised to keep it in house.
    Weird how those thoughts creep in later in life.

Gator 45/70, Seawolf1090 and SB21 like this.
  9. madmax

madmax Far right. Bipolar. Veteran. Don't push me.

TMI?

Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
  10. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

I have tried it in high school, and a few times since, but never really experienced anything from it. My best friend smokes it daily and has since he was a teenager. He is the only 67 that old I know who is still fit, does not need glasses, and is on no medications. It could be genetics, or it could be the pot, I dunno. I do kid him that the new skunk smelling stuff was developed by the .Gov to make it easier to catch people with it. It really does reek. He now goes outside to smoke and even keeps it in the garage because opening the bag to fill his pipe stinks up the house.

Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
  11. hot diggity

Coming to a neighborhood near me.

Medical Marijuana bill passes NC Senate; some cannabis supporters against bill

I have to look at it from the other side. How would I react if someone was offended by my cigar smoke and asked me to stop stinking up the neighborhood? I think I'd respect my neighbors enough to wait until they'd gone in for the night, since I'm mostly nocturnal, or go for a drive.

I still wonder why the skunk stench can't be changed back to the old 1960's pot smell that I liked, or medical marijuana munchies be prescribed rather than stinking smokeable weed.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  12. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

These days they have nonsmoking delivery platforms, like MJ Gummie Bears and other munchables. Does away with the stink, but still gets them high.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  13. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I'm told that some of the real money is in the land where this stuff is grown?
    With my dark brown top soil and limited access to the place I could see this revenue funding a lake house, boat, dock old 4x4 truck, party barge....I'm their huckleberry.

SB21 likes this.
  14. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I have some Altria stock. Not to shabby dividends for a smoke company.
    Current Dividend Yield (%) : 8.09

SB21 and Meat like this.
  15. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

I thought Sniffer Joe was going to legalize it nationwide? I don’t smoke it but there are far worse things promoted by the government.

Gator 45/70, Seawolf1090 and SB21 like this.
  16. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

Bread and circuses, keep the masses from realizing what’s going on. For those that need it medically, it’s probably safer than what Pfizer produces.

1. Waydah
  2. BTPost
  3. RouteClearance
  4. Bishop
  5. Bandit99
  6. survivalmonkey
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7