Lights Out by Halffast - signed copies - David Crawford

Discussion in 'Survival Reading Room' started by melbo, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Dunbar

Dunbar Monkey++

Love lights out

This is my first post, Thanks for the story, it's what got me on the right track. Goodluck to all.

Dunbar [winkthumb]

2. HamGunner

HamGunner Monkey+

I actually attribute L.O. as my launching pad to the prep mindset.

HG

3. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Halffast,
    I'm really glad to see that your work is finally going to be published and printed. You will never know just how many people you affected with your story. One of these days when I come through SA dinner is on me.

4. Monty

Monty Monkey+++

count me in

Love to recive a signed copy.

Good luck to all

5. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

It looks like David is awaiting the proof copy this week. If it's good, he'll order the printing.

Since We wanted signed copies for this thread, they will take a little while longer to get. Shipped to David, signed, shipped to me. I think we'll close this thread and select the winning 20 once David proofs the Proof. Thanks for the interest everyone!

We'll be receiving a limited amount of signed copies at the same time the first 20 come in and will be offering them for sale in a separate thread.

6. BoWingo

BoWingo Monkey+

Been looking forward to this for at least 4 years now.
    Can't wait. [winkthumb]

7. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

ROLL THE PRESSES!!

Alrighty folks, the deed is done, the presses do run (or soon will.) All those that have expressed an interest in the drawing are in, and there can be no more entries as of this post date and time. For now, we'll close this thread, and from time to time re-open it or start another for updates if needed. Winners will be listed out in a future thread, along with how and where to order copies from Amazon. There will be a very limited number of signed copies available other than by winning in the drawing, and we'll tell you how that will work (as soon as we figure it out.)

We are shooting for the winners to be announced next week.

Thanks to halffast for his efforts, creativity and hard work getting it done, and to melbo for making the arrangements for this drawing.

8. melbo

We used a random number generator to select 20 winners from the posts in this thread:

And the winners are:

tacmotusn
    magnus392
    scratch755
    Brokor
    kenlefeb
    Hulka73
    Bear4570
    roelke
    steppingup
    Firefighter503
    eclipse
    WSM
    eggs
    Witch Doctor 01
    shakyjake64
    capt45
    rusteerooster
    JaxShooter
    neilfj
    Wild Trapper

Please send melbo a PM with your address and we'll ship your book out as soon as we receive them from David. This could be the first or second week of January. Unclaimed books will be sold 30 days from today.

Congratulations and thanks to all who have shown interest in Light Out!

We are also selling a limited number of signed copies:Lights Out by David Crawford - aka Halffast

You can also buy copies at Amazon (a small percentage goes to support the site)
    or from Lights Out the book

9. Boreal

Boreal Monkey+

Congrats to the winners!

10. Danomite45

Danomite45 Monkey+

Thanks and Congrats to the winners!
    since I'm not one of them, I just placed an order for the book!
    Danomite!

11. tjeffries

tjeffries Monkey+

Drats! Didn't win one for free, did however order a signed copy as a late Christmas gift to myself thoughb::

12. Bogie

Bogie Monkey+++

Congrats to the winners, will order a signed copy latter this week.

13. kyfho

kyfho Monkey+

Ok...Ok... I didn't win. :mad:

I guess I'll just have to order one.... Um, make that two. One for me and the other for the BIL. Ah, I guess I need another for a buddy at work.... Or two.

Damn, I feel like Santa. Gotta make a list..[contract]

14. emk

emk Monkey+++

Melbo, Thanks for the heads up. Ordered tonite with a signature and congratulations to the winners. Actually it might have helped if I would have entered.... Oh well asleep at the wheel. Too all Monkeys have a great holiday.. But of course many thanks to David

Elliott

15. eclipse

eclipse Monkey+

I'm in shock. This is the first thing I have ever won in my life, and I am no spring chicken.

16. melbo

[​IMG]

As many of you know, Lights Out by David Crawford, aka Halffast, has been published. We had a drawing here at survivalmonkey.com for 20 signed copies.

You can purchase signed copies of Lights Out here: Lights Out by David Crawford - aka Halffast

If you want regular copies, you can either purchase them from Amazon: Lights Out by David Crawford or from Lights Out the book

Ironically, (based on the title and scenario), the kindle version is now out for $7.99

We also plan to have some regular copies for sale on an ongoing basis.

POP-NC likes this.
  17. capt45

capt45 Monkey+

Wow! Eclipse, I'm with you. I'm blown away! I won?!? This is very cool and a very nice surprise on a day filled with minor annoyances.

Thank you! b::

Kyfho -- good idea. I can think of a few folks who need to read the book. Merry Christmas!

18. cdnboy66

cdnboy66 Monkey++

Congrats to the winners, I ordered my copy. Glad to see it's in print.

19. melbo

We tried to choose people we thought hadn't ever won anything.
    What's one copy of LO to make someone's day :)

no, seriously, ghrit created a spreadsheet that logged each post in this thread and counted only their first post. Then we used a random number generator we found online to select 20. Congrats!

20. JaxShooter

JaxShooter Monkey+

I'm sorry guys, but there must be some mistake with that list. I never win anything. :love:

Thanks Dave and SM!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7