Lawn mowing with a twist

Discussion in 'Survival of the Fittest' started by Alanaana, Jan 18, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

2. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Hehe.... The grass is aiways greener..... (y)

3. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Lawn mower ballerina! Looking good!!!

techsar, Alanaana and SB21 like this.
  4. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

5. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

Thanks @Gator 45/70! Hope you're enjoying this new year.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  6. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

And you as well!!!

Alanaana likes this.
  7. OzVegus

OzVegus Monkey

Interesting, I mowed lawns for a couple of decades, as a business. I probably mower 20,000 lawns. In the end I retired early due to a dicky leg, which was due to under developed leg and glute muscles believe it or not. these were causing weakness in between my hips where they join to the base of the spine, an interface called the sacroiliac joints, then the issue just moved down as it always does in musculoskeletal problems. The remedy? For me it was exercise that lifts my legs higher, lifting my leg up behind my back, horizontal, and lifting my knee as high as I can to do the opposing muscles. It was a simple as that. climbing steps is relatively easy but try climbing a step twice the height, I watched my younger neighbor do this once, tried to follow him and nearly landed on my ass.

Walking exercise is ok as far as it goes but it only uses the muscles in a limited way. Not an issue until you get old I would think. I have a small wired home gym and will incorporate these into my routine but for now I'm just doing it around the house to build them up enough for weight bearing. Try standing erect and lift your lower leg up behind you so it's horizontal, keeping your knee in line with the other. If you can do it for more than 20 seconds without cramping you probably still have good muscles there. I couldn't hold it for 10 seconds. Of course my problem was no doubt brought on by decades of daily walking, It might not be an issue if you just walk a bit.

Alanaana likes this.
  1. Alanaana
  2. Alanaana
  3. Alanaana
    This beach is right in my neighborhood.
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Apr 27, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  4. Alanaana
  5. Alanaana
    Media

Jungle_gym

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 27, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  6. Alanaana
    Media

Home_gym

I love my home gym!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 27, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  7. Alanaana
  8. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 2, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  9. Alanaana
    Foot hooping
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 2, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  10. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Jan 28, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  11. Ariasmith
  12. Alanaana
    Alleyjandra loves to workout!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Dec 4, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  13. Alanaana
    Alleyjandra has life figured out!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Nov 29, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  14. Alanaana
  15. Alanaana
  16. Alanaana
    Media

Thankful

I feel so thankful for my life and each new day.
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, May 22, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  17. Alanaana
  18. Alanaana
  19. Alanaana
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7