Just have to Brag a little!

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Ura-Ki, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

OK, New Score! A fine pair of Ruger Old Army Revolvers custom chambered to .44 Magnum! These use the same type of conversion as the Kirst .45 Colt, just in .44 Mag! About the same power levels ether caliber! What made this such a sweet deal was the leather that came with them! My photo abilities are not up to the level that shows just how nice these are or the fine leather work that went into this set up!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I really dig these "Old" revolvers, these Rugers makes my third pair!

2. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

Great find!

I've always wanted one of those revolving rifles but I've never seen one. I'm really happy for you and your good fortune!

Gator 45/70, oldman11 and Ura-Ki like this.
  3. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Cabelas carries replicas of the 1858-based revolving rifles...IIRC, between 500 & 600 dollars...Uberti mfg.
    New Army & Target Carbine Revolvers

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
    Gator 45/70, GOG and Ura-Ki like this.
  4. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

[OO]

Thanks

Ura-Ki likes this.
  5. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

NICE! n 44 mag as well!

Ura-Ki likes this.
  6. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Very nice! And, the belt/holster is beautiful! Very nice work. I have to admit...I'm jealous. They look in great shape too!
    Now, educate me a bit here... Do these Rugers shoot a standard center primed .44 mag cartridge or do they use a percussion cap or what?

Gator 45/70, oldman11 and Ura-Ki like this.
  7. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Is there a maker's mark on the leather?

Ura-Ki likes this.
  8. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Thanks guys! These Tigers can shoot both variants of loading, install the Origional style cylinders and you shoot B.P. with external priming, or with the conversion cylinders in place, you can shoot. 44 mag, or .45 COLT ( as long as the cylinder is reamed for the .45) most of these 1858s can be ran with .45 COLT conversions interchangeably, but this is the first I have ever seen any conversions in .44 mag! Considering the power levels between .44 B.P. and .45 COLT are about the same, it's never really been a problem! Now .44 mag, that's surprising, and I don't think I would try it in any thing other then one of theses Rugers.
    The Colt pattern revolving rifles can be found as replicas now and then, but you have to spend quite a bit of time looking. Plan to spend around $1100 to start and the price goes way up from there! They are not the same as the 1858s pistol, the Colt is it's own animal, about the only simeralities are the .44 cal bullets, primers and powders! Still, a rifle based on one of these pistols would be really nice to have!

Gator 45/70, GOG and oldman11 like this.
  9. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Does Ruger market the Conversion Kits, or just who does? I am VERY Interested in a Stainless Cyl for my Stainless Ruger Old Army, maybe both 44 Mag, and 45 LC....

oldman11 and Ura-Ki like this.
  10. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Yes the leather has the makers marks, they were make by a fella named Danny Two Feathers in Douglas As, from what I hear, he is THE guy to have custom leather made by. I'm going to be in his A.O. and will try and contact him to see what else he might be up to, would love to meet him and see more of his work!
    The conversion cylinders for the Ruger stainless are made in-house by Ruger, they were special orderd for a couple of high end dealers, but you could call Ruger and see if they sell them for any of the Old Army line. Outside that, Kirst is the goto for conversion cylinders, and they do list a set for the Ruger Old Army!

GOG, oldman11 and ghrit like this.
  11. ghrit

My googlefu failed to Danny associated with leather works. More's the pity, I'd like to squint at some more of his work.

12. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Those look to be black powder guns ,not magnum .

13. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

All you have to do is change cylinders and they chamber Magnum just fine! Been thinking of ordering another set to allow .45 Colt as well, makes the best interchange possible! They even make .22 conversion cylinders, but they are Fuggly and expensive as hell compared to just getting a .22 revolver!

14. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

So I got this right... the ruger old army can shoot both 44 mag and 45 LC accurately with just the conversion cylinders ?

or did I miss something?

15. ghrit

They MAY be equally accurate, but you can count on them being a different POI.

16. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

and by owning a Conversion Cyl, does that make the A FIREARM according to the GCA of 1968 as amended? and what about State Statutes in NY, NJ, and ILL?

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7