IT'S GONNA GET COLD!!!

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Wildbilly, Jan 14, 2024.

1. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Just had our second night in Florida in the rwenties, and my weather app is calling fot the same tinight! But next week, night temps will be in the sixties and rainy! Typical Florida winter. :rolleyes:

Gator 45/70 and CraftyMofo like this.
  2. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

My son is in Gulf Breeze FL he has a large grapefruit tree that puts out great fruit, last year it took a big hit when they had several below freeing nights, Talked to him yesterday he said looks like the grapefruit tree its toast from all this below freezing weather. Here in Coastal SC it's 28 and predicting 18 Sunday morning. Got all my citrus trees (pots) in the greenhouse with heaters running. 2 feral cats the wife has been feeding have been sleeping under the heat lamp in the greenhouse.

3. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

yeah, we do have the black flies, sand flies, deer flies, horse flies, deer ticks, dog ticks, lone star ticks and mosquitoes that come in waves like Arclight B52s. August, yep August is a good month. Maybe last week of July.

Gator 45/70 and CraftyMofo like this.
  4. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I was staying at a buddy's house in Florida many years ago, it was his family home, so his mother always had a rule to never kill a spider. Yeah. I would be walking into the bathroom and then see a gigantic spider race up the wall, bigger than my hand. Sitting on the couch and the shadow cast on the wall looked like a 40 foot monster. Can't kill them or risk the wrath of the mother! Honestly, I think she would have bitten worse.

5. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

The snow, ice and record cold are almost a memory. The highs were 38 on Sun., 48 on Mon., and 58 today! The low temps have been above freezing for 48 hours! I was finally able to cut off the water and fix a major leak, I had to wait until the temps got above freezing to prevent more damage and so the pipe cement would work! That one frozen pipe and my sister running out of propane in the middle of the storm were the worst things that happened to our family. It's nice being prepared!

Seawolf1090 and Cruisin Sloth like this.
  6. Seawolf1090

After four nights in the 20s (in North Florida) it's finally back to normal..... 50s at night and rainy. o_O

VisuTrac likes this.
  7. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

The first week of February has been nice, 60s and sunshine nice!

Seawolf1090 and CraftyMofo like this.
  8. Seawolf1090

Been rainy here in North Florida. Beats the week of nights in the 20s back in mid-January. I don't mind rain.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  9. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

for the Upper Midwest and February >>> any day above freezing is God sent - you get semi-regular 40s and even some 50s >>> that's an unbelieve winter reprieve - all kinds of $$$$ savings and savings of lives is in the 100s ....

mysterymet and VisuTrac like this.
  10. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Seriously! It has been wonderful!

11. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

It's been right at 60 here today,, central NC.
    But in the past few weeks, it's surely been wet ,, lots of rain. We've not had rain in 3-4 days , and my yard is still muddy.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7