Is winter coming early?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by oil pan 4, Aug 28, 2020.

?
  1. Winter will troll in about its usual time, after the fall

52.4%
  2. Snowy winters are a thing of the past because global warming

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No "fall", just jump straight into winter before you can check to see if your toes are frozen

19.0%
  4. Idk

14.3%
  5. It was never summer where I am, winter rolled right back into winter

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. F this I'm dropping everything and going to go cut fire wood right now

14.3%
  1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

There .... Fixed it for you....

TinyDreams likes this.
  2. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

God I hope so. I'm pretty tired of this heat and humidity. It's been a long, hot summer.

techsar, TinyDreams and HK_User like this.
  3. runswithdogs

runswithdogs Monkey+++

IDK... lots of my double coat doggie clients have been blowing coat all out of wack.
    Normally they all blow out around the same time in the spring and then again in the fall... this year? No ryme or reason... Ive got Akitas and malamutes blowing coat in july???.....
    And summers been on the chilly side with only maybe 2-3 days hitting 70’s. This entire week feels like its late autumn.... average around 11-12c. (Think thats around low 50’s)

last couple years have had cooler summers also but the dogs coat cycles were still pretty much normal

techsar, TinyDreams, HK_User and 2 others like this.
  4. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

It’s been a long very hot summer here in Louisiana. I’m ready for some colder weather soon.
    [flag]

TinyDreams, techsar and HK_User like this.
  5. Gafarmboy

Gafarmboy Monkey+++

ice age farmer

6. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

almanac thingy... ??? looks COLD...

safe_image.php.

west coast area... with all the fires... then maybe rain... ugh mud slides n such???

techsar and HK_User like this.
  7. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Hey my dogs are blowing their coats all weird like in 2010. That was the winter it got to -16F at night in NM. No that's not the wind chill, that was the actual temperature.

techsar, TinyDreams and HK_User like this.
  8. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

My chicken coop and yard looks like a war zone. Feathers everywhere. Now they do tend to dump some in the hottest part of the summer but it really looks like a molt going on in there. Weird thing is, I can't tell anyone is missing any feathers. The Cochins can lose a lot and never show it though.

Molt usually hits here in mid October/November.

9. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Called it.
    Looks like I will have a high about 90 on monday, then Tuesday night will have a low of 23 and snow.

HK_User likes this.
  10. bpaintx

bpaintx Monkey+++

Welcome to the high desert, the Guadalupe MT's store it up and then it blows in.

HK_User likes this.
  11. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Thr jet stream is still wandering around drunkenly from lack of higher energy solar input. So some places will go winter like, then snap back to summer like.

HK_User likes this.
  12. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Well its been a roller-coaster ride. Just when you think winter might be ending it hit hard. Multiple snow falls and nights in the -f range.
    Just like the last solar cycle ramp up.
    Power and natural gas outages.
    Good thing I invested in the woodstove, the coal furnace, propane and k-1/diesel heaters, actual bags of coal, propane tanks, and firewood.
    In coal we trust.

HK_User, Gator 45/70 and johnbb like this.
  13. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Guess you got your wish!

Yard Dart and Gator 45/70 like this.
  14. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

Momma always said to be careful of what you wish for,you just might get it. Now for some warmer days. 22* @4:15 is too cold for this Louisiana boy
    [flag]

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  15. HK_User

Yup, warmer today, blessed are we to have prepped. HEB shelves were emptied as seen on local media.
    We didn't even get into long term preps just what we rotate around.
    Never left the place and just acted as if we were on patrol and took care what we had contracted for in way of putting family and live stock first.
    Thanks to being rural and having a well we made it with no problem and stayed alert to blackouts and never even used the 120 AC from the Toyota 4 runner for coffee.
    I will run 2 new ventilation lines just to even out the heat into a storage room.
    All closets and voids have ventilation lines and that evens out the heat and AC as needs change.
    Good to keep the air moving.
    As in the Mil did regular watch station patrols, ever 30 minutes at first until I could determine preps would hold and no incursion by weather. Then hourly, 24-7, to see if the -2 temps would cause problems.
    Kept the dehumidifier running saving the water for animals and inside wash up.

Had to move water by Bota to a limited number of animals and break up ice in water tanks.

I made a contract years ago to take care of the live stock and the Lord did provide me the time and knowledge so only one mishap at a Hay ring which can happen anytime.

Warming on UP!
    Today will be a better day

Coffee just binged!!!!!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
    Yard Dart, Gator 45/70 and oldawg like this.
  16. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

Yep, we knew what you meant, but --
    Amazon.com

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  17. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Spring can't get here soon enough for me! In just 70 days I'll be planting a garden....

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  18. HK_User

In for a penny in for a pound.

Spiel checkers are automatic or not at all.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  19. HK_User

BOTA

[​IMG]

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  20. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

^^^^^ We gots one of these... Ours is Diesel, and we love it ^^^^^^

5BDFA90E-6DC6-43CF-B6DD-9FE5902E9218.

04AB7660-0F97-47B9-9613-FDCABDB434F6.

Gator 45/70 likes this.