Is this a good solar panel for home use?

Discussion in 'Off Grid Living' started by fl4848, Apr 26, 2022.

1. fl4848

fl4848 Monkey+

I picked up 2 of these. Would this work for the connection?

400 Watt Universal Solar Connector

I was assuming that the heavy wire would be for running all of the electricity from all of the solar panels into the battery bank.

It would be really nice if there was a complete how-to guide somewhere on the web for this. Flying by the seat of my pants. Probably got 6k invested into all this hardware and I'm not really sure how to hook it up. Geez. Hope it all pans out in the end.

2. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

for that setup they are selling , it's not what the big boys use , the Midnight link I posted is what we use due to codes
    Sloth

3. fl4848

fl4848 Monkey+

Sweet. Thanks Sloth!

I picked up a Schneider from them. The last one they had. The guy seemed super helpful on the phone.

Just checking them out now. Looks like they've got a forum. I'm going to sign up. Maybe folks over there can help me out. I'm a bit in over my head, to say the least. Thanks for the reference!!!!!!

4. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

5. fl4848

fl4848 Monkey+

I'm officially a member of the midnite solar forum. Took some doing to get on there. Had some tricky questions to answer. Had to talk to tech support to figure out the answers. whew.

I spoke to Trojan. Batteries are shipping out. He said I need to keep them "watered". Didn't know you have to water batteries. Said I need to check them every month for water level. Starting to wonder if I'm in over my head on all this. haha.

6. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

You'll probably do a lot of stuff wrong this time. By your third solar setup .. you'll know exactly what you need and how to do it.

CraftyMofo and Cruisin Sloth like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7