Indoor Citrus Trees

Discussion in 'The Green Patch' started by Motomom34, Nov 10, 2013.

1. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

My in ground Satsuma orange with this recent freeze has lost all it's leaves I'm hoping it will come back--the branches don't look freeze damaged. Know this spring

Dunerunner likes this.
  2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

I want to move my Meyer dwarf Lemon into the house from the greenhouse. It already has flower buds!!

johnbb likes this.
  3. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Looked at the citrus trees in the greenhouse the persian limetrre has flower buds as does the myer lemon and the satsuma orange. I'll leave them in the green house till no chance of frost. Just love going in there when they ar blooming smells so good.

4. Dunerunner

13ECDC20-7A91-4758-96B9-59122EA11886. Finally moved my dwarf lemon into the house. Found a plant stand and pot. Have it in an East facing window that gets sun until about 2PM and the house is at 70 degrees.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2023
    Alanaana, VisuTrac and BTPost like this.
  5. Dunerunner

Update...

Lemon2.

Alanaana likes this.
  6. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

It looks so beautiful and healthy! You really have a green thumb.

Dunerunner likes this.
  7. Dunerunner

That is because I haven't transplanted it yet. There is still time! firedevil.

Alanaana likes this.
  8. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

Are you going to keep it indoors or do you have a good climate for an orchard? I was so excited that I got my first grapefruit this year. I'm hoping that the calamansi, tangelo, and dwarf oranges will fruit too. We had to wage war on the LFAs (little fire ants).

Dunerunner and mysterymet like this.
  9. Dunerunner

I plan to move it outdoors just long enough during the warmest part of the day to get pollinated then bring it back in. Highs here never reach 70 degrees

Alanaana likes this.
  10. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

That sounds like a good plan! Please continue to share your lemon progress.

Dunerunner likes this.
  1. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Jun 12, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  2. Alanaana
    Media

Coconuts

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Jun 3, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  3. Alanaana
  4. Alanaana
    Media

Starfruits!

In flight
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 25, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  5. Alanaana
  6. DKR
  7. Alanaana
    My first oranges are turning orange!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Sep 19, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  8. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Jun 10, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  9. Alanaana
    Media

Avocadoes

10. Alanaana
  11. Alanaana
    Media

Lemon_Guavas

I always plant flowers close to my fruit trees.
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Apr 26, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  12. Alanaana
    Guava season is here!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Apr 26, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  13. Alanaana
  14. Alanaana
  15. Alanaana
    Media

Lychee

The BEST Kind of Gains!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 25, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  16. Alanaana
    Media

Bananas

It's Bananas B-A-N-A-N-A-S!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 23, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  17. Motomom34
  18. Dunerunner
  19. Ganado
  20. Motomom34
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7