In memoriam

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Minuteman, Sep 7, 2023.

1. Capt. Tyree

Capt. Tyree Hawkeye

BT, your wide range of knowledge and expertise on subjects of interest AND your civility in how you informed us monkeys of lesser knowledge have been the main reasons I have stayed with SM for more than a decade. You are a treasure to us all here on Earth, and will be to the good souls at the next level beyond. Go with God (Adios).

2. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

To Bruce and the many others that have left before me, Hope we meet again on the other side. I'm glad to have met you and been able to call you friends.

3. Sobospider

Sobospider Monkey

Bruce, you were an inspiration to me and you posts and kindness will be remembered for years. You will be greatly missed!

4. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

RIP Bruce. Should I bluff my way through the pearly gates I expect to see the radio that can reach all of eternity.

5. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

BT was a voice of reason and sanity, that kept us all in line, and he will be missed! Bruce is with the LORD and the LORD is with his family. My prayers are with his family!

6. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

Emeritus
    Due to Bruce's long service here, I suggest that the status of Emeritus be conferred upon him.

Some definitions
    adjective
    honorably retired from assigned duties and retaining your title along with the additional title `emeritus' as in `professor emeritus'

Emeritus (/əˈmɛrɪtəs/; female: emerita)[Note 1] is an honorary title granted to someone who retires from a position of distinction, most commonly an academic faculty position, but is allowed to continue using the previous title, as in "professor emeritus."[1]

In some cases, the term is conferred automatically upon all persons who retire at a given rank, but in others, it remains a mark of distinguished service awarded selectively on retirement. It is also used when a person of distinction in a profession retires or hands over the position, enabling their former rank to be retained in their title. The term emeritus does not necessarily signify that a person has relinquished all the duties of their former position, and they may continue to exercise some of them.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2023
    SB21, Dunerunner, GrayGhost and 5 others like this.
  7. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

@BTPost, though we have never spoken directly your words of wisdom will carry on here for some time to come. I know I learned quite a bit and it is my responsibility to pass on what I learned.
    RIP Bruce

8. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Yes we will make him Emeritus. I think Melbo has to do it.

SB21, kckndrgn, Dunerunner and 4 others like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7