Hurricane Michael approaching Florida.

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Seawolf1090, Oct 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Sounds like you planned well and that choice of location played into your being lucky not to have taken a direct hit. Great update and I hope cleaning out the reefer and freezer isn't to much of an issue. Do you have garbage service yet?

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  2. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Garbage service is running, but off a couple days. Next week they should be back on schedule.

Gator 45/70 and Dunerunner like this.
  3. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Are you in need of any monkey help? Someone indicated you might have sustained some damage. PM if you prefer.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Nah, I am doing good, but thanks! Had a big tree fall and knock down the powerline and crush my front fence. My yard guy is great. He got the treetop cut out, the power company fixed the line and got my power up on the fourth day. The rest of the tree was removed yesterday.
    Had good preps but did find a couple weak points. Getting those plugged now. Next storm I will be even better off. We native Floridians learn from our experiences. All my friends and family came through well too. We were lucky to be far enough from this storm, we basically got a Cat 1, not the full Cat 4.

1. sec_monkey
  2. sec_monkey
  3. Gator 45/70
  4. john316
  5. Tempstar
  6. hot diggity
  7. Witch Doctor 01
  8. Yard Dart
  9. Dunerunner
  10. Motomom34
  11. Ura-Ki
  12. oil pan 4