How tough is YOUR Truck, SHTF and you need to boogie, can you?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ura-Ki, Jun 14, 2024.

1. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Had one of those fiberglass jobbers, Light and 10'' grips on the rear would get you hit behind the head by mud clods in 2nd gear, Would climb a sugar cane hill no problem or skid on to the mud as it had belly-pans!

Zimmy likes this.
  2. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

2016 Subaru forester (AWD) with 1" lift and slightly larger than stock tires. I added an engine compartment skid plate because I kept losing the stock plastic one. Angle of approach sucks but I could rip off the front plastic thing in a pinch. I've done that on steep gravel hills a couple of times accidentally already.

Not an off-road beast or racecar, but it'll do in a median, cow pasture, or front yard. I'm a pretty good driver.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2024
    Gator 45/70 and CraftyMofo like this.
  3. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Monkey+++ Founding Member

Packed up to leave after a week away hunting….

[​IMG]

4. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Do you have the extra fuel tank built in?

5. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Monkey+++ Founding Member

…..not on this one. My previous did. That gave me 145 litres (95 plus 50) this one has a single main tank of 130litres from the factory. I do want to put a 70 or 75 litre aux tank in but it’s a bit of work. It’s easier to change out the factory 130litre tank for a 180litre version. But that puts all the weight behind the rear axle where I don’t want it.

The long wheel base version (78 Series Troopcarrier) of mine has two 90litre tanks as standard.

mysterymet likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7