How long?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by oldman11, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

8mm Mauser Ammo | SGAmmo.com

It's not the best price, but it is doable.
    If you happen to buy the linked stuff save the links and I'll buy them from you.

Gator 45/70 and ditch witch like this.
  2. Big Ron

Big Ron Monkey+++

I'm glad I'm not looking for ammunition at a time like this. I just don't worry about my shooting skills. I can shoot anything I can see.
    I have unfired ammo from thirty years ago. I guess that's my version of Gold.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  3. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

I'm still looking for small pistol primers.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I just need a good berdan depriming setup so I can convert my surplus ammo over to boxer after I shoot it.
    Hell a small pin punch maybe sufficient.

I'm swapping out all my 20 year old shot gun ammo for fresh stuff.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  5. Re: OP4 #24. Are you thinking of actually making boxer primed cases from (currently) Berdan cases? I recall a magazine article from years ago about drilling Berdan cases to use battery cup (shotgun) primers. Author didn't recommend doing it, said it was a LOW pressure case at best. Converting Berdan to boxer? Depends on diameter of primer and would be labor intensive., you would need to remove the Berdan anvil, and machine the primer pocket. BE CAREFULL! As far as removing the Berdan primers I have found that filling the case with water and using a punch that closely fits the case mouth to remove the primer worked best for me.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
    Tully Mars, Gray Wolf and Gator 45/70 like this.
  6. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

My wal mart had about five boxes each of.243,270,30-06 and .30-30 for sale. Also there were about four boxes .22 lr on the shelf. Maybe there will be enough ammo for the deer hunters. Twenty gauge and twelve gauge were in good supply.
    [flag]MAGA. [flag]

Tully Mars and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7