Here I go again but not on my own :)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kamp Krap, Jun 13, 2024.

1. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Well done Sir , Glad your happy.
    Sloth

Kamp Krap and sec_monkey like this.
  2. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Well, I am glad you're getting the hell out of Illinois, think this is a good idea. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know you will still have property there, but I think this improves your odds.

Is that a lake that I see from her front porch? Looks big! Too big to be a pond...fish?

BTW my money is on Poo!

3. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Glad you have found happiness again. I was worried about you.

How are the land prices down there in TN? We are looking to get some mountain land as a retirement location or place to camp before then. We used to live down there outside of knoxville years ago before my job moved us but really loved the area.

4. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

Wishing ya'll tons of happiness. :)

sec_monkey likes this.
  5. Kamp Krap

Kamp Krap Monkey++

HIGH The two pieces I had left that I paid $250 per acre for back in 1987 sold for $12,900 per acre on the farther out one and $22,500 per acre on the more closer to urban and allegedly more desirable piece. Capital gains on those deals are going to be painful.

It is a pond of about 2 acres and yeah experience and speed usually beat out size and strength :) Eventually going to have to let them go at it until one submits but stop them short of a death.
    441657393_7910709965617110_8800549954583892491_n.

I moved all of the scary guns South a while back actually moved all but truck and car lever rifles and pistols. Won't leave the weaponry here for 3-5 days at a time when I am not here.

LOL I got that crap all over me. Was pouring it from the boat and it slipped out of my hand sent a splash up. Took a week of scrubbing with Lava to get it gone!

Took a lot of crap when we started seeing each other from Dee's Family and Friends. I finally just said "Look Guys Dee is gone and she is not coming back! What do you want me to do just grieve and mourn her the rest of my life?" LOL a good number thought that was exactly what I should do. Not like I went out looking and neither did Dana (Also Widowed) We just kind of met by accident and started talking and well here we are making each other happy and enjoying life together. And somewhere along the way fell in love with each other.

GOG, GrayGhost, sec_monkey and 2 others like this.
  6. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Young love ,,, that's the best ,,,,
    You've done right ,, you can't live the life someone else expects you to live ,, you have to live the life that makes you happy,,, once ya get up in your forties ,, life seems to start speeding up,, 50s and 60s , it seems you can't catch up with it ,,, it's your life ,, no one else's,, do what makes you happy.
    Congrats to ya ,,

sec_monkey, Kamp Krap and mysterymet like this.
  7. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

KK you DO know that this doesn't mean you have to quit talking to us, right?

8. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Who's going to keep watch on your property, houses, vehicles, equipment, etc. while you're in Tennessee? Don't want to go back and find everything gone and a bunch of squatters living in your house!

9. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I don't think KK will have a problem with squatters ,,, if they show up ,,, they're probably just there to feed the fish ,,,, :D

Altoidfishfins and Kamp Krap like this.
  10. Kamp Krap

Kamp Krap Monkey++

I have a lot of sorting and picking and choosing what is going with me and what is staying here. I will be coming back every 2-8 weeks also. The new camera system I got to over lay the old camera system has a feature I actually like. When the cameras motion detector trips it sends an alert to my phone with the camera number that tripped and and I can watch the recording or in real time what the camera is seeing. A quick call to the Sheriffs Office and to the Two Good Neighbors I am friends with and the issue will be resolved. Wired Cameras inside the Machine Shed, the new house, the Cabin, all 6 containers and in the commercial kitchen looking from the back to the Doors. So someone has to actually cut the locks off and open the door to trip the cameras motion sensors. That way A deer or blowing leaf doesn't tip them. The Old Cameras record and upload to the cloud when their motion sensors trip but won't let me watch on the phone or send me a alert. And they watch the outside. If someone trips the new ones they have already broken in :) Oh and the New Ones LOL I can also have a speaker that I can talk to the victim....... I mean intruder through and red and blue lights and a very annoying siren like tone I can play. I am only 4 hours away as well. 3 hours if I engage the warp drive. It is pretty much a straight shot taking 22 to 45 from there to here or here to there.

I am thinking about moving two of the 20' containers down there. My Container guy will move them down for $500 per. Or I can move them myself on the new 24' Deck over Tilt Trailer. Red's Make over will be complete in a few more weeks and then I can pull Heavy Loads again. The Black Ram is only good for pulling around 6,000 pounds. Red Can pull 30,000 pounds and not break much of a sweat :) LOL Dana has the same malfunction there that I have here. LOTS OF STUFF and barely enough Space to keep it in. So I am either going to have to move containers or buy a couple down there. Makes more sense to me to move the 20s with 10,000 pounds of stuff in each one that I need to move anyway.

Only Expensive things I am planning on leaving locked up in the Machine shed is the New Baler, Rake, one of the trucks and the lower end hand and power tools. All of my Dewalt, Milwaukee, Snap On, Old Craftsman, stihl and husq chain saws and power equipment are going. I probably have $100,000 tied up in my wood shop and machine shop higher end tools and equipment, not going to just leave it here for thieves to shop at their leisure.

Squatters just will not be a problem. I have also discovered that I can also ignite the 10 gallons of gas/diesel mix in every building with the phone as well and can turn every building into a fireball all at once or individually from anywhere in the world :) That of course would be a absolute last resort. I have confidence in the Sheriff and my two good neighbors that don't put up with a lot of bullshit on this dead end road that I am at the end of.

As it is now I am in TN 3-4 days per week and back here 3-4 days per week and not even sure which place is home now days LOL. I put a dog door in the cabin side door out to the Dog yard and leave Duke and PoP here when I leave. Chainlink around the cabin Porch with two gates both locked and then the two locked steel entry doors and two pissed off pit mixes on the other side of the steel doors with cameras backing them up. That is about as secure as the Cabin can be. Only way into the 40' containers is spending some quality time with a side grinder or a torch :) Faster to cut through the walls than the high end Abloy Locks. And I will burn it before I will let a thief take it....... I am weird like that :)

Anyway I can't fully move until the end of September. It is going to take me that long to sort, pick and choose and I have to do things like spend a week making the hay. at least one more time this year. That is why I am here this weekend instead of TN :)
    hay 2024 1.
    Only 4.5 acres left to do this morning and then off to TN Until Monday evening. Then back to pull it all out of the fields. 75 of 105 bales got spun off yesterday :) And 16 of them heading to TN with me this afternoon. All of this cutting is going to TN 16 at a time as I go back and forth. The Horses, Mules and Donks LOVE that Sweet Red Clover and Orchard Grass Mix I grow :) And She loves me saving her a small fortune in hay ;)
    hayfff.

11. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Good to know that you have a plan.

12. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Good story. Congrats.

13. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

My son lived in Eastern TN great state smart to move there

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7