Health Update.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thunder5Ranch, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Only reason I am better prepared this time is when I had the Sepsis I was not and it was a disaster in all of those areas. One of my big mistakes then was having way to much invested in things that were not easily liquidated. I diversified that out to only about 25% of that being in locked in long term investment. 40% in things I can cash out in 1-5 days and 25% as cash on hand or in the bank. And 10% goes into that medical savings acct. That MSA has been one of the best things very nice to just whip that card out for all the co pays. For the Sepsis I basically had a basic Obamacare plan, it was a constant battle to get anything approved the deducible was insane as were the co pays. In the end I could say I had insurance and not much else. Upgrading to a whole lot better plan seemed very expensive at the time but has already proven to have been a wise decision. In the legal realm it is easy to get things done and shelve and forget about them. Like not thinking about changing who gets your life insurance and keeping wills and trust updated.

A lot of talk and emphasis is devoted to BIG SHTF events and that is worthwhile. Not much is directed to the personal SHTF that are a family or individual disaster. Probably because there are so many variables and things that can cause a personal SHTFand well it is very individual.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7