Has there ever been a Pandemic where people Have Ample Time to Prepare Like Possibly Coronavirus?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by ED GEiN, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I made a pass last Monday....

2. ladrillero

ladrillero Monkey+

Ganado and Gator 45/70 like this.
  3. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

we had ample time to prepare. yesterday was better than today. today is better than tomorrow. But april 6th. after the mail arrives is going to be too late.

Gator 45/70 and chelloveck like this.
  4. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

You have made a good point that many folk overlook....One's clothing is like an air filter catching dust (which aerosol laden viruses piggy back onto) and are a source of contamination...I have a strict decontamination protocol. After visiting places frequented by others, external to my home, upon returning home I strip down all garments and put them in a large plastic bag and they go straight into the laundry for washing / decontamination. After washing they are air dried in sunlight for several hours.

Indeed. however, the hand washing technique needs to be effective, and of sufficient duration.

Use debit card / EFTPOS where possible. Don't let the card touch the card terminal. Notes and coins can be sanitised or quarantined. How can I sanitize paper money?

Yeppers to gloves and an effective regimen of hand washing (protocol / habits.) Anything that lightens the bacterial / viral load is a good thing, even if it doesn't provide complete protection.

You make a good point...one may try using the stairs instead.

Yes, it is an old folk remedy of dubious effectiveness dating back to the 1500's well before the germ hypothesis became a scientific theory. Competing Theories of Cholera Although the juice from an onion has some anti-microbial properties, leaving a cut onion in one's room will have about the same value as prayer...i.e. its placebo effect. Onions & Flu - National Onion Association

Actually there is a downside to doing this....an onion is being wasted to no good purpose; an onion that could be cooked and consumed to help keep the body's immune system in tip top shape. That is the onion's actual value in helping to survive this disease.

Alternatively one could try emulating Andy Griffith, a la 'Onion Head' that is sure to create quite a bit of social distancing. ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have seen Pascal's Wager used to encourage belief in the unbelievable, but seeing it used to encourage belief in an old wife's tale, is novel. ;) Pascal’s Wager (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)

Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  5. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

What happened to ED?

oldawg and chelloveck like this.
  6. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7