Has there ever been a Pandemic where people Have Ample Time to Prepare Like Possibly Coronavirus?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by ED GEiN, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

REad the labels very closely,I won't even buy a dog bone from China for the pets much less anything else.
    And to think,ALL these people here were scrambling to catch plastic beads .....Made in China for Mardi Gras.
    I stayed home...lol

Thunder5Ranch and ED GEiN like this.
  2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Drug sources are guarded closely. For one thing, the ingredients come from all over, they are blended here and there, and sold by who knows. Start the investigation with your pharmacist. There MAY be generics bolted together in different places.

mysterymet and Gator 45/70 like this.
  3. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Corona virus preparedness achieved.
    20200302_093646.
    That and all the hard liquor.

ED GEiN, oldawg and Gator 45/70 like this.
  4. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

You eat that much chili and baked beans and you will need more toilet paper than that!

Cruisin Sloth and Gator 45/70 like this.
  5. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I also have a case of baby wipes for when using toilet paper becomes hell.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  6. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Is that John Wayne toilet paper?

7. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I heard that sars was twice as contagious as Corona virus and we survived.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  8. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

My thought is this will wain as temps rise in the lower 48, Ca is already hitting 80 some days. The Issue will be in the fall

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  9. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

My god, do we panic like this every year when the flu comes around?

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  10. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

China never torpedoed its own economy for the flu before.

Thunder5Ranch, Gator 45/70 and oldawg like this.
  11. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

You would think if the media said "up to 50 million infected, up to 80,000 dead" people might take it seriously.

VisuTrac and Gator 45/70 like this.
  12. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

The real thing to be worried about is the potential negative impact on our economy and the behavior of our fellow citizens. I am sure we have all watched the black Friday mob videos and laughed. How do you think those people will behave when their lives are in perceived danger or they are hungry when they are willing to pummel little old ladies to death to get $100 off a crappy Chinese TV? How about if we lost power for more than a couple days? They used to say we were only a few days away from anarchy. I think the thin veil of society has gotten MUCH thinner in recent years due to the degradation of our culture. People are more concerned with “rights” than “responsibilities”. Wait until all the snowflakes are hungry and start thinking they have a right to your beanie weenies...

Gator 45/70, TXKajun and oldawg like this.
  13. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

The problem is, with a 2-week gestation, and remember that your clothing is collecting the atmosphere you work in as well.
    You won't know if you got it, and are passing it around till symptoms show IF you have the cognizance to do something about it.
    Regular hand washing is the best defense if you must be in public, even so, the money you handle too is a spreader of viruses too.
    Gloves or hand washing are the best defenses, and remember that hand washing is only dilution, it does not rid one of all bacteria
    I still endorse colloidal silver, both internally and externally.
    Something to keep in mind is that the people talking and breathing with any virus are spreading it while they exhale, so that in an elevator or small room you are rebreathing/exchanging spent air, hence the need for the mask, in those environments.
    If you actually Look at the way China is dealing with the issue, you would not take it so lightly.
    In the old days when a person had pneumonia, they put a cut onion on the bed stand by the patient because it seemed to have an effect in absorbing the virus in the room's atmosphere. There is no down side to doing this, so I would not poo poo it.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  14. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Corona virus, I raise you:
    FB_IMG_1583257950907-1.

3cyl and Gator 45/70 like this.
  15. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

Costco Olympia 3-3-20 Cash and carry was also out of rice. 88257452_619349698624815_4801552435090817024_n.

Gator 45/70 and mysterymet like this.
  16. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Oh now everyone is a prepper.

I bought a double order of TP cause I was running low. The extra will be used to start a tactical TP reserve.
    When we moved in 2017 the emergency TP got put with the everyday TP and eventually used up.

17. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Just in time, too.... where are they going to store all that TP, after the Virus burns out?

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  18. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

TP doesn’t go bad. We’ll use it!

chelloveck, 3cyl and Gator 45/70 like this.
  19. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Costco here has plenty of everything listed....

mysterymet and 3cyl like this.
  20. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

...just wait until it gets down here!

Gator 45/70 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7