Gold

Discussion in 'Financial Cents' started by oldman11, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Currently at $1881 so its really not off that much. I was hoping it would go down when Trump was elected but willing to bet it will go up now, can't see it falling by much. Might take @oil pan 4 recommendation and pick up some Platinum...

I prefer gold, specifically gold coins, but it's too high right now but think it will go higher, a lot higher in the next 4 years.

Tully Mars and Gator 45/70 like this.
  2. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

My problem with Platinum as a survival hedge is that the average Bubba don't know $#!t about it. Where as gold, silver..

Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
    Mountainman, Bandit99, TnAndy and 2 others like this.
  3. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

If you know things, chemical synthesis is possible with platinum.
    The Platinum is not consumed in this process.
    Disinfectants and strong oxidizing agents can be synthesized with platinum electrolysis would be at least worth their weight in silver.
    During the obama biden administration the price of gold spiked up, stayed there for like a year then was down $500 an ounce a year later, then $200 more a year after that and stayed there for years.
    Gold never topped it's last false 2011 peak once adjusted for inflation.
    The peak price for gold was 1980 and it's inflation adjusted 1980 peak price still hasn't been beaten.

sec_monkey likes this.
  4. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

My point.
    You may. I may. Others on this board may know but the average Joe don't.
    OTOH, they do know gold, silver and if need be lead. Your many recent posts about selling ammo should prove that.

5. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Ohh yes.

The government is 26 Trillion - with a T, in the hole. The only way out is money printing. More money in circulation means it's less valuable.

When the price of gold rises, it doesn't mean that it has become more valuable. It means that the dollar is worth less.

I worked in the gold mining industry in 2000. POG dropped to $250 / oz and we miners were sweating for our jobs as it cost us just a little over $200 / oz produce it at the time.

Now look, only 20 years later - POG has increased 7-8X what it was in 2000.

sec_monkey, Tully Mars and TnAndy like this.
  6. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Gold is like ammo. It's only good for one thing.
    Platinum is like reloading supplies. Lots of possibilities.
    Reloading supplies are useless to people who don't know how to use them or have equipment to utilize them.

tinfoil hat Davy and sec_monkey like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7