Find Your Personality Type - Interesting Results

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by Mindgrinder, Mar 5, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

I'm an INTJ-A or an architect.

As that is what I went to school for OK. However, as I (quickly) figured out I sure wasn't a Frank Lloyd Wright and I disliked destroying nature to build houses.. After 5-6 months as an architect, I took a job as in mechanical design in the automotive sector.

Mindgrinder and Motomom34 like this.
  2. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Logistician

3. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

LOGISTICIAN (ISTJ-A)

I guess it could be much worse ;)

4. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

ESTJ-A (Executive)

GrayGhost, Mindgrinder and Motomom34 like this.
  5. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

I generally take these tests with a grain of salt. Most are no better than a general horoscope that could fit just about anyone. But I was surprised, this one was fairly spot on. I was fascinated by the fact that it first quoted Albert Einstein (in the results) a personal, maybe not hero, but man I highly admire. And it states that my personality type is rare, being found in only 3% of the population. I actually have documentation that ranks me in a 3% category (Mensa). I found that a rather striking coincidence. I looked through the site but couldn't find any info on who had developed this test or where. That would be interesting to know.

INTP Personality (“The Logician”)

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.-Albert Einstein

The INTP personality type is fairly rare, making up only three percent of the population, which is definitely a good thing for them, as there's nothing they'd be more unhappy about than being "common". INTPs pride themselves on their inventiveness and creativity, their unique perspective and vigorous intellect. Usually known as the philosopher, the architect, or the dreamy professor, INTPs have been responsible for many scientific discoveries throughout history.

Mindgrinder, Motomom34 and Brokor like this.
  6. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Rare? Looks like I am in Good Company with a bunch of other Monkeys, in this catagory..

Mindgrinder and Minuteman like this.
  7. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

ENTJ-A Commander...

It figures.....

8. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Ah chit, we have Patton in the room..... [viking]

Dont, Mindgrinder and Motomom34 like this.
  9. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

You have to link to your results or it didn't happen ;)

Mindgrinder, Motomom34 and Yard Dart like this.
  10. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

11. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

Brokor, Mindgrinder and Motomom34 like this.
  12. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

IMO, everyone has two or more sides; work and home are two of the most common. Depending on what is on your mind when taking the test; the results will vary greatly.

3M-TA3 and kellory like this.
  13. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

INTP although in the past I have gotten INTJ on similar tests. (Maybe depends on exact wording of some of the questions?)

Motomom34 and HK_User like this.
  14. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Once took one of these "At the Companies Request"

The dog of a test took 6 hours and of course in the best example of catching you cheating they ask each question in about 6 different ways. This as a way to sample home, work, hobbies and other events that figure into your life and the COMPANIE'S.

I didn't want that executive job anyway and made sure they knew I was a Hard Ass Perfectionist and could care less about the home life, sex life of other employees side ways thoughts or if said employees had bad day or needed a big hug.

It worked!

The guy who got the Job turned to drugs and is now near a mental case, goody two shoes.

I stayed in the Engineering Dept for the next 15 years.

mysterymet and Motomom34 like this.
  15. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Monkey+++

Same here

Motomom34 likes this.
  16. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

Logistician (ISTJ-A)

Took it last night and then again now to make sure, same result.

Motomom34 likes this.
  17. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

They are missing one personality #17 A-Hole.....[LMAO] [gone]

chelloveck, Ganado, 3M-TA3 and 6 others like this.
  18. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

We had a similar thing at work that we were made to take but it was colors instead of letters. You are right it took HOURS to do. They even graphed us all to show where everyone was for the whole location.

19. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

LOL .... hey Kell, I got the same diagnosis. Is it terminal? LOL, ... do we care? Debater (ENTP-A)

Ganado and kellory like this.
  20. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I'm fairly certain that's covered under INTP-A
    (psst, that's my personality type by the way)
    I couldn't possibly count the number of times I have been called an insensitive "a-hole".

Here's some thoughtful details:
    "People who share the INTP personality type aren't interested in practical, day-to-day activities..."

"When INTPs are particularly excited, the conversation can border on incoherence as they try to explain the daisy-chain of logical conclusions that led to the formation of their latest idea. Oftentimes, INTPs will opt to simply move on from a topic before it's ever understood what they were trying to say, rather than try to lay things out in plain terms."

"Imagine an immensely complicated clockwork, taking in every fact and idea possible, processing them with a heavy dose of creative reasoning and returning the most logically sound results available – this is how the INTP mind works, and this type has little tolerance for an emotional monkey-wrench jamming their machines."

"Further, with Thinking (T) as one of their governing traits, INTPs are unlikely to understand emotional complaints at all, and their friends won't find a bedrock of emotional support in them."

"To know one thing and say another would be terribly disingenuous – INTPs don't often go around intentionally hurting feelings, but they believe that the truth is the most important factor, and they expect that to be appreciated and reciprocated."

"While INTPs' intellectualism yields many insights into their surroundings, their surroundings are ironically considered an intrusion on their thoughts. This is especially true with people – INTPs are quite shy in social settings. More complicated situations such as parties exacerbate this, but even close friends struggle to get into INTPs' hearts and minds."

"When INTPs' interest is captured, their absence goes beyond social matters to include the rest of the physical world. INTPs become forgetful, missing even the obvious if it's unrelated to their current infatuation..."

"They may appear to drift about in an unending daydream, but INTPs' thought process is unceasing, and their minds buzz with ideas from the moment they wake up. This constant thinking can have the effect of making them look pensive and detached, as they are often conducting full-fledged debates in their own heads, but really INTPs are quite relaxed and friendly when they are with people they know, or who share their interests. However, this can be replaced by overwhelming shyness when INTP personalities are among unfamiliar faces, and friendly banter can quickly become combative if they believe their logical conclusions or theories are being criticized."

Motomom34 and Mountainman like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7