Federal Court Rules Machine Guns are Protected by Your Second Amendment

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by OldDude49, Aug 25, 2024 at 5:28.

1. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I found dot mil m4 carbines with burst fire particular horrible for hitting anything.
    My guess if you want full auto that is controllable and will hit something stick with crew serviced, sub machine guns, 22LRs. An M16A2 with straight full auto with adjustable gas, might be useful.

Zimmy, Ura-Ki and sasquatch91 like this.
  2. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

I would say the MP5 was most controllable when suppressed. The tie was between the B model UZI and the AK47 for most uncontrollable. Even knowing they would climb and twist was no help, you were still lucky to hit a target at 50 feet with a round or two from a full mag. And yeah, if you wanna hit anything heavy belt feds on a mount was the way to go. An M60 (No M249s back then) would unleash total hell on a target.
    He had a 10/22 Ruger for a while that was FA, but I never shot it.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  3. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

22plinkster did an episode on a full auto 10/22. It was a bullet hose. If you're on target when you pull the trigger all 10, 20 or 30 rounds are likely to hit the target.
    Call it Bill Rugers buzz saw.

Zimmy and Ura-Ki like this.
  4. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

I found the Ingram MAC-10 to be terrible to hit with and I was terrified the damned strap was going to come off and blow my hand off somehow.

5. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Mac10 is going to be more like a machine pistol, too big a round too light a gun.
    Same way an m14 is uncontrollable on full auto.
    But take that 308 round and put it in an MG42/52 which just an MG42 made with captured German equipment re barreled for 308 and it's very controllable.
    A 5lb gun can be controllable with full auto if you pick the right cartridge, a 22LR in bill Rugers buzz saw you can put most of a 30rd mag on target at 25yd.
    Or for 9mm go with a heavier gun like a sten if you poor or an MP5 if you have money to burn. The heavier gun makes the gun way more controllable.
    I bet an M16A2 with a little bit of work will be controllable. Maybe an M4 with a little more work, like heavy buffers, longer buffer tube and adjustable gas.

CraftyMofo and Zimmy like this.
  6. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Oh yeah and stoner hated 3rb so if I ever get an AR-15 machine gun it will be full party mode. No 3rb.

Zimmy and CraftyMofo like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7