EMP has occurred ,you have made your way home ,but you're home is already occupied.

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by arleigh, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I lived in a small community in Northern Nevada for about 15 years. One fellow owned an empty 4 or 5 acre lot on which he had a backhoe and had dug about a dozen holes. Neighbors contacted the local sheriff to question what the guy was doing.

His answer - "Perc test holes". Now after all these years I know what he was really doing. Thanks for the education.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  2. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

I work 26 miles away from home via the route I drive. So it'd take me 3 days max to walk home if I don't decide to dig up one of my caches along the 3 routes I have mapped out. Well an dependent on time of year & position of the moon as well. My night vision is better than sum people's day vision. In a mere 3 days no one would be dumb enough to try my home as its been hardened to make breaking in a bit difficult. Not to mention my mother lives with me so it'd be occupied. Even if it was occupied by others, there are two caches within half a mile of my home, one of which contains items to make people leave a structure, right into my sights. As I hardened the home against breaking in, I also know the weaknesses your average person lacks the capability to exploit.

3. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

If I get home after a 3 day trek, and someone else is in the compound, that means family and friends are already dead and gone. Can't defend the place on my own, Imma going to raise it to the ground with them that took it .. inside. Then dig up the cache and start the long walk to the next/friend family option up the road a piece. Will I make it to the next place of respite? Only God knows for sure.

4. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Hahaha,You be tripping cat daddy, Druggies will break in even if your home....Never ever underestimate crack/methheads.

oldawg and VisuTrac like this.
  5. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I considered the idea of booby-trapping certain things an invader might tend to take advantage of right away such as poisoning certain alcoholic beverages which I don't drink any way.
    Or creating smoke bombs that I can trigger from the out side ,or other ways of making the intruder uncomfortable .
    Perhaps a means of bugging the place I have access to externally and or haunting the place so to speak .

Gator 45/70 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7