Eating bugs

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by larryinalabama, Dec 27, 2011.

1. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

There was a time when humans feed themselves then the population grew and we had the green revolution which fed the increased population now the population has increased and the green revolution has done all it can. Now to feed the increased population they want to feed the masses bugs which can be raised by the millions. The next step to feed the masses will be Solent Green --Charlton Heston and Edward G Robinson are laughing in their graves ---Saying man did we predict the future.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2024
    SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  2. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

Much more productive in the long run with criminals and political dissidents popping up everywhere in a lasting crisis.

3. Zimmy

Ya know, as a forager....I'm glad the idiots will be chasing butterflies in the apocalypse. Several million starving bug hunters will trample but not kill the weeds I am eating or the rats and cats I'll be grilling in quiet places if trapped in a big city.

Of course, 3rd and 4th world immigrants will know. The beginnings of a warlord.[viking]

SB21 likes this.
  4. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Nothing wrong with eating bugs. Chickens eat bugs, we eat chickens.

SB21 and chelloveck like this.
  5. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Chickens evolved like 140 million years ago to eatzbugs. Bugs contain proteins that are known allergins and cause inflammatory response.
    People who are allergic to shell fish (sea bugs) are a dramatic example of this.

SB21 likes this.
  6. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Well then don't let us discount those peanut bugs, cows milk bugs, soy bugs, etc. There will always be someone allergic to something.

chelloveck likes this.
  7. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

If you have been eating lobsters and crawdads bugs have already been a part of your diet.

johnbb and Tempstar like this.
  8. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Hey of others eat bugs fine. I just don’t want them sneaking bug “flour” into normal foods without allergy warnings. For those of us allergic to shellfish eating bugs can be fatal.

9. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Screenshot_20240301-061705~2.
    Just eatzbugs you God damned fascist conspiracy terrorist, maga, pleb, illiterate, repuke, clinger, deplorable, nazi,

10. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

You act like that isn't the point. Even if they don't get a fatal reactions it could cause other more subtle chronic allergic reaction symptoms.
    People will go to the Dr because they feel like shit or have IBS and get put on some expensive fancy new drug. I'm sure the drug companies are already working on a patentable, very expensive treatment for the influx of bugflour reactions they'll surely see.

11. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I think you may be getting it....

Here, have a few 'bugs' (Ibacus Peroni)...they are a delicacy in Australia.

[​IMG]

nicely washed down with a glass or three of upload_2024-3-2_11-18-0.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  12. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

They don't make enough beer, wine or whisky to wash that down!

Gator 45/70 and chelloveck like this.
  13. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Dad once bought a small apartment that had been occupied by a Mexican lady and her baby.
    Cockroaches we all over the place, even the walls and celling, crawling over one another. It took days of poisoning and cleaning that place to irradicate all those cockroaches. How do people live like that?

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  14. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Illegals are like cockroaches they are everywhere

Gator 45/70 and CraftyMofo like this.
  15. Zimmy

It might have been so bad when they had chickens living in the house with them.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7