Doomsday Prep'ers BS...

Discussion in 'Off Grid Living' started by BTPost, Mar 13, 2013.

1. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Oh we have a no trespassing sign. And a few other ones I won't mention as no one else has them in our area. I believe in OPSEC.

2. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

In order to make ours legal in this area, we have to hang a no trespassing sign every so far and have orange 3x3 blocks every so far inbetween ..Doing that around 35 acres up and down hill can take some time..

3. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

What pisses me off is the people who have no trespassing signs on their property in our little neighborhood, but no fences(especially when the local troublemakers lived right next door and across the street). Or the people with 2 or 3 little dogs who tore the fence down when they moved in. Well not pisses me off really, just makes me question their mental state. The dogs though, that pisses me off to see people not taking care of their animals so they run around the area as they please. When we first moved here, our border collie mix would jump the fence and run off(she could jump a 6ft fence standing still just about, I've seen her do it, but not anymore, she's older and has arthritis), but I'd always go after her to bring her home, other owners here really don't.

tulianr likes this.
  4. Dont

Neighbors can creat a lot of problems.. Am glad I live so far from any.

ditch witch, kellory and tulianr like this.
  5. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Yep, I'm not too worried about my one set of neighbors, because they do grow food and raise meat animals and hunt, so they would not be likely to want MY supplies. I would probably be able to trade with them if need be. No guarantees in a crisis though. Other neighbors, don't know about them, but I believe most of them don't stock up, so will be SOL in a bad situation, so they could be a threat. Other problem here though is there are a few empty houses for sale, and those can be taken over by those wanting shelter(and other people's supplies). This is not a 'rich' area, there are quite a few households living paycheck to paycheck here. Not just in my neighborhood, but in the nearby 'town'(5 miles away, I don't really consider it a town, more of a pit stop).

STANGF150 likes this.
  6. Dont

I keep waiting for someone to buy the property right next to mine.. I do not make a very good neighbor at all.. mind my own buisness and don't tell others how to live, however all the gun fire and motorcycle noise tends to put some off..

STANGF150 likes this.
  7. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Where do I sign?;)

8. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

For $60KUS there is a 5 Acre Place, with Cabin, Shop, Year'round running Stream, and OutHouse, Ready to go, in my neighborhood.....

Motomom34 likes this.
  9. Dont

Well, you drive east until the road is all washed out and you fear dropping a tire into the washout or rolling it down into the creek if you crowd the right side to much... Then you have to pull the wind downed trees off the road and take the next right.. Stretch out your winch line and hook on to the big rock on the left, not the one on the right ( it's covering the last fellow that tried it) and winch yourself up to that point.. Stretch it out again and hook onto that big pine, well, I may have cut it down for fire wood.. Oh hell, just give me a call and I'll come get ya!!

10. kellory

Nice to be wanted guys! ( and not by the law)
    BT, it is tempting, some days more than others.

11. Dont

40 acres is going for about 70,000.. Don't even have an out house.. Nice spring up the hill that could be dug out and piped down hill for a hydro system.. If I where a rich man....

12. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

If the totes outside the house freeze to 2.5 inches from the outside in...how in the world do you have a year round running stream up there?

13. Dont

Spring..... There are small streams flowing year round.. Makes some nice ice shelf to crawl over in the truck after you splash through them a few times.. Logger put in one on the road up to my place this last fall.. No more slashing for me.. Or getting the hi lift jack out to stuff logs under the tires so I can get out of the stream during the winter..

14. BTPost

As long as it runs FAST, it doesn't freeze except on the Top.... Ice is a very good Insulator.... An Axe fixes the rest....

15. Dont

Has made it nice driving up.. Just so it don't encourage people to think it's easy living up there and have them move in..

16. kellory

Running water does not freeze as easily as still water does..

17. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Define cabin. I used to watch Buy Alaska and some of those "cabins" were bizarre. One place was so crooked, collapsing plus the cooking area was in another building. It was way over priced.

18. BTPost

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  19. xls

xls Monkey

Read all the post. Doomsday prepper is a joke andthats not all.

The man who did the mirror tree house , that story is even better see I never seen the show because.... He is town, I know the company , I know the guy, I know te land.... Now get this , I know this why? Because our local paper did a complete story listing this guys and all the names, you get the point. So as dumb as the show is, the local paper is what got him robbed. Who did it? That I don't know.

For the computer savvy folks you might can find the article. It was by Lawrence County( Tennessee ) Advocate it was printed I think the week before it aired ( Wednesday or Sunday paper ) should not be hard.

Is that actual episode abalible to watch on my phone? Would love to see it now I know he was robbed.

20. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Bottom line is if a prepper is on this show... the pants have been dropped around the ankle and picking up the soap is next...... :eek:

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7