Do not obey your television- Buying Gold

Discussion in 'Financial Cents' started by oil pan 4, Aug 21, 2016.

Tags:
  1. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I only keep about 1 months operating expenses or less in my checking account at any given time.

2. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I'm seeing more buy gold now ads.
    Gold has gone down a little, but still near a 4 year high.
    I'm thinking the gold spot price could be down as much as 100 an ounce through the summer. That will lower the price around 50 to 75 dollars per ounce.
    When the price goes down the dealers raise spot fees to make up some of the the difference, unless it's a panic sale.

I'm seeing a little bit more 44 cent an ounce spot fee silver bar out there, if you look around for 2 or 3 minutes you should be able to find it pretty easy.

3. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Well gold had gone back up to near a multi year high.
    I think I am going to sell my 50gm bar to comply with my self imposed rules, nothing bigger than an ounce and mostly buy golden Eagles or maple leafs.
    Because bars over an ounce, 50gm and up are most likely to be drilled out and filled with tungsten rods.

I'm just cashing in, and hold the $ until gold is closer to a year low. Or buy some silver.

4. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Gold is nearing a 2 to 4 year high don't buy. I'm probably going to sell some of my gold if it comes close to a 4 year high.
    But silver is with in 50 cents of a 2 year low.

About half of my stock funds are all over seas at the moment, which I may regret later. I accidentally locked my self out of my dot gov account, which is all in on small capital funds, it preforms like the s&p 100, which I will get it going early next week, they snail mail out the reset passwords.

If the market crashes it's cheaper to by in.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
    Ganado likes this.
  5. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I did sell some gold about a week ago when gilold prices peaked above 1350 an ounce.

Ganado likes this.
  6. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Most of the $ from last months gold sale is just staying in my cash reserves.
    I think I bought 36 or 37 ounce of silver with some of the proceeds. Most of the money bought $21 each coins.
    If the gold price keeps going up I'm selling more.
    The only thing I wont sell is my smallest bars (5 and 10gm) because I already got raked over the coals on spot fees with them.

Right now gold is at 1354 an ounce, for the last 4 years 1350ish has been golds glass ceiling. It may break through this week and head towards 1400 an ounce.
    What ever you do, absolutely do not buy any gold. Unless you hate your money.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  7. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I have seen the gold spot price for as little as $14 an ounce. And buy gold now ads appear to be running 24/7.
    Now is not the time to buy.
    We are sitting g real close to a 4 year high.
    Gold futures are up around 10%.
    With this Syria shit the gold price may break through 1350 an ounce Monday or Tuesday.
    If it does, I'm selling more gold.

8. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

This latest Syria shit didn't do anything to the price of gold. I figure if that doesn't sent the price soaring I don' know what will.
    So I'm selling more gold.
    If I'm selling you ought not be buying.

Right now if you have money burning a hole in your pocket silver is not a bad buy, $16 an ounce is the 2 year low and it's around 16.50 lately.
    Platinum is like a 5 year low.
    High probability I'm buying more platinum.

Ganado likes this.
  9. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I went to the bank this morning and pulled out 3 more ounces. Now see if I can get what I want for them.
    Now all I'm left with are sub one ounce bars, 5gm 10mg and 20gm bars.

10. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Gold has pulled back from 1350 for like the dozenth time in the last 2 months.
    I have sold probably around 85% to 90% of my gold.

It appears that a lot of the open pit gold mines are still frozen over up north.
    So that gold supply that's normally hitting the market, well it just isn't there.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
    Ganado likes this.
  11. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I hope that none of you guys bought gold when it peaked.
    You're welcome.
    I still believe that the 2 to 4 year trend will be slowly higher. With lots of up and down along the way. But probably not high enough to make, or not lose any any money off buying gold at $1350.

12. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Gold looks like it's heading to a 1 year low.
    Silver spot price is at or real close a 1 year low.
    Neither metal is showing signs of slowing.
    I said I was going to buy silver the other day, but I'm on night shift so the only thing I do is procrastinate and I don't even do that some times.
    What I do is sleep all day.

When gold gets down to $1,230 expect to see dealer panic selling. Where spot prices can be between $0 and $30 per bar.
    Panic selling can make a 1 to 2 year low feel more like a 3 to 4 year low when those normal $50 to $100 spot fees are all but gone.

I really hope none of you bought when it was $1,300+ with insane spot fees.

13. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Gold is still near a 1 year low.
    Trading volume is off the charts compared to everything that has happened over the last 2 years, that's as far back as the charts I have access to will go.
    I'm assuming it's a massive sell off because if people were buying up all the gold as soon as it hits the market then the price wouldn't be in a slump.
    This trade war is imploding the Chinese stock market along with high oil prices so they may be buying some of it.

Ganado likes this.
  14. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Silver is down to around 15.30 and gold back down near $1220.
    Not a bad time to buy at all.

15. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Buy gold now ads are back on.
    Panic selling has started.
    The price may go lower in the short term but spot prices may return to normal or above normal.
    So you could pay more for gold at $1,150 than $1,200 because of spot fees and panic sell off deals.

16. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

The price of gold is at or near a 17 month low. Dealers are tying to off load product, now is not a bad time to buy if you can find a panicking dealer.

Aren't you glad you didn't buy gold when it would have cost well over $1,400 an ounce with spot fees just a few months ago?

17. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I am seeing gold for as little as $1,230 an ounce delived to your door.
    Golds bottom is probably $1,180 an ounce but it already leveled off, so $1,200 is probably it.
    All it takes is for the stock market to dip and we are back to $1,250 if one shit hole country invades or fires rockets at another shit hole country we are at $1,300.
    If I were to bet, it would be the stock market that makes gold spot prices and spot fees return to normal $1,250 plus $50 mark.

My money is still on silver and platinum to make money.

18. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I am looking at bay precious metals.
    I have bought and resold gold their gold before.
    Around $1,230 for a coin delivered is making me want some bad.

19. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Remember 2 years ago you could get a one ounce gold coin for under $1,300.
    All time highs and near record highs are not the time to buy.

Motomom34 likes this.
  20. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

That is what you were saying 2 years ago...and 4 years ago!

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  1. Ganado
  2. oil pan 4
  3. Motomom34
  4. oil pan 4
  5. Bandit99
  6. oil pan 4
  7. thegoldlock.com
  8. Game Ends
  9. CATO
  10. Brokor
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary