Discussion thread related to SUNBURN story

Discussion in 'Survival Reading Room' started by DKR, Apr 3, 2020.

1. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

and in this Ben oddly describes the first half of the movie "The Core" as 'not that far off'.

(yeah, military bad, US bad movie) but the notion of super storms caused by a weak/non-existtant geomagnetic field is within the realm of many possibilities

Hollywood has fun with this

but if you have ever been in a desert thunderstorm, you know it is no joke....

2. DKR

My apologies for the dearth of new material, but Spring is a busy time here at Belly Acres.....

techsar likes this.
  3. DKR

Posted a new segment - will post more this weekend.

Thanks for your patience. I stopped to watch the Space X launch ! Exciting, to say the least.

Zimmy and oldawg like this.
  4. DKR

Next segment posted. This covers the relationship between Ric and Oscar. Oscar's history further reveled.

Zimmy likes this.
  5. DKR

As for the ag /vs generation, here is the yardstick I'm using right now - you know, for the draft.

2020 - Event happens GEN 1
    2040 - the worst of the CME effects have moderated - GEN 2
    2060 - local farming has recovered thanks to the UV resistant palnt work done - BreBurn. GEN 3
    2080 - Lower infant mortality rate, population increases - GEN %
    2100 - Two groups leave The Keep GEN5
    Osacr's parent are in the GEN 5 gorup

2100 and change arrive at Haven GEN 1 This includes Oscar's parents and grandparents.
    2120 - Oscar wins and loses his love GEN 2 - note that Oscar is a 'late in life child'
    2140 - Oscar goes walkabout + GEN 3 is born
    2160 - Oscar return to Haven and Gen 4 is born, Kinnik is in this group;
    2180 - Ric is born - GEN 5 Note Ric is the 'baby' in the family, Kinnik now nearly 40 Y/O with family, Ric is 20 YO

Total elapsed time - 2020 to 2200 - 180 years. More or less.

The event may be called The Storm, The Burn, The End of Time. - I'm open for any suggestions, you the Beta readers may have on this.

6. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

I like the different time periods covered but agree the transitions are a little abrupt.

7. DKR

Why this story stopped here
    [​IMG]
    I had hoped to beat Ben to market. He beat me.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7