Diner in Louisville draws handgun as armed BLM protesters swarm restaurant

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OldDude49, May 5, 2021.

1. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Most common pocket pistol I carry now days is S & W 340 .357mag and a North American Arms .22mag mini revolver. The little wallet .22mag is stamped a Pulkar Machine and Tool, most I was able to discover about Pulkar is that it was a small shop in Arkansas that was around from 1982-1984. I bought it in 1990 or 1991 at a pawn shop in West TN. also came with a single shot .22mag that looks like a ink pen and about the same size as one of those fat multi color pens. Works by pulling the back 1/4 of the pen back and pushing the button to release the back to slam into the cartridge. Basically a mini pipe gun. LOL I never had the balls to put a round in it and fire it. Still floating around in one of my desk drawers.

Draw back to the .357mag mini revolvers and derringers is the recoil and as I said previously the lack of range. My little 3 shot .357 revolver is about the same as the one the guy is holding and is NOT pleasant to fire. Throw in the bullet drop in just a 20 foot length and it is worthless outside of the 3'-6' range. Packs a punch inside that range though. The S&W 340 is a bit bigger, does not hide in a pocket as well but has a lot less recoil and has a longer range.

.22 Mag Hollow points are brutal nasty penetrating, fragmenting tumbling little nightmares inside the human body. What they lack in knock down power they more than make up for in killing and tissue damaging power.

Tully Mars and Gator 45/70 like this.
  2. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

I hope I never shoot anyone with a 22 Magnum pistol. But if I do, I'm hoping it will be somebody else...

Ura-Ki, 3cyl and Gator 45/70 like this.
  3. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

Looking at an expanded view of the still picture of the man holding the pistol, it looks like the barrel diameter is as large as a pinkie finger or more, and the cylinder is pretty big, also, which would indicate it was larger than a .22 or .25 caliber. My guess would be at least a .38 if not a .357. NOT a toy gun!

Gator 45/70 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7