Cyber attack on East Coast pipeline

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by DKR, May 8, 2021.

1. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Well they paid up and the oil is flowing again! Maybe now they will spend some money and up-grade their security! About 10% of the gas stations in Alabama are out of gas, but in others it's 1/3 to 2/3 of stations that are dry. Last night my foolish Sister, who has only a quarter tank in her SUV, wanted me to get some gas for her lawn-mower from my emergency supply of gas! I told her no way! #1 It wasn't an emergency...yet! #2 In an emergency I have no gas for lawn-mowers! and #3 That she needed to get some gas while she still could! She got some gas for the lawn-mower, but she's still sitting on a quarter tank!:rolleyes:

Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
  2. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

No gas shortage here, We have the oil and refinery's, But Thanks to Dear Leader in 4 months time its up 1 dollar a gallon now

3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I have seen MSM Stories on both sides of the question, as to whether they PAID Off the Hackers, or Not... The Stories on the Paid side were mostly from third Party, single Source, News Stringers, and the stories on the Not Paid side were from anonymous .Gov Sources... I think the question is still not resolved, at least in my mind... YMMV...

4. BTPost

Drudge has an article about the Hackers getting hacked, and losing control of their Blog Servers and their BitCoin RansomWare Deposit Servers... Hmmm... Interesting...

Rocky Road Lerp likes this.
  5. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

This is was just a minor annoyance.
    I can't wait until they hack the banking/financial system.
    We will be truly Fuc#%d.
    Bank accounts to zero, brokerage accounts to zero, mortgage balances to zero, nothing coming out of the ATM, can't pay with credit card, can't pay suppliers, can't pay employees.
    yeah buddy, here comes the pale horse.

SB21 and mysterymet like this.
  6. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I practically enjoyed how gasoline went up out west of the pipeline on people not receiving an ounce of fuel from the pipeline in question
    Like the PNW fuel jumped 15 cents or better
    People you are being played again.
    Get the gasoline vaccine shot yet?

SB21 and VisuTrac like this.
  7. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

8. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I heard it was like 4.4 million,,, anyway,,,, have they said who they've recovered it from,,, they've been blaming Russia for everything under the sun ,,, just wondering if they're going to have to make a formal appoloy to the Roosians ??

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  9. BTPost

Not likely on the apology… The FEDs traced the payment to a DarkWeb server, and then hacked that server, and took control of it, and rescued the funds before the hackers could move it elsewhere…. Good trick if you can pull it off.. but you gots to be fast, or lucky, or smarter than the hackers, and in this case the FEDs were all three… Now they are pursuing the group across the DarkWeb, by following the connections that were made to the server they hacked, by anyone who connected with it… before they took control of it… Most have gone dark by now, but they have a ton of leads, to follow up on and. trace down…

Gator 45/70 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7