Crazy Night Here!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kamp Krap, Aug 7, 2023.

1. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

The New Johnsonville area! I'm familiar with it, mostly cause General Nathan Bedford Forrest (aka The Wizard of the Saddle) raised a little hell in that part of Tennessee (also in Alabama and Mississippi) about 160 years ago.

Gator 45/70, Kamp Krap and crowdaddy like this.
  2. crowdaddy

crowdaddy Monkey++

KK, I am in Jefferson county, way east, and north state rt.15. I too was out watching the lighting the other night. It was very powerful and very strange, I have been watching these storms come through here for a couple of year now. There seems to be a shift in these storms, The lightening seems to be constant with a lot of these storms. By that I mean it never appears to stop.Instead of a flash or two and then a gap of time before the next one, there is just continual lightening. I have videoed countless storms like that in the last few years. I don't know what has/is changing, but something is up.

Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
  3. crowdaddy

crowdaddy Monkey++

Yeah, the same here with the storms missing us and splitting North and South around us. My brother up North is always texting me shots from weather radars and telling me shit is barring down on me.These big storms come out of Missouri right down I 64 and heading right for us. But almost always by the time they reach I 57 they just slide N and/or S and just brush us with their tail or miss us completely.

Gator 45/70, Kamp Krap and SB21 like this.
  4. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

About a month ago, I was sitting on a dock , fishing in the marshes about a 1/2 mile inland. A storm was blowing up from the south of my AO ,, figured I was going to have to pack it up ,, but the winds blowing inland off the ocean sometimes push the storms farther inland . It pushed the storm far enough that the rain missed me,, and I sat on that dock and watched the storm,, and the lightning strikes were some of the longest stretches I think I've ever seen . I don't think , until that day ,, have I ever seen a lightning bolt travel that length across the sky ,, and I couldn't even guess at what that length was .

I thought it was strange at the time,, but never really thought about it until you folks mentioned it here .

Gator 45/70 and Kamp Krap like this.
  5. Kamp Krap

Kamp Krap Monkey++

You must be real close to me :)

Gator 45/70 and crowdaddy like this.
  6. Kamp Krap

Kamp Krap Monkey++

A bit farther South but close I have two tracts inside the red boxes areas , the little cabin is at the Eastern Site and the raw land is in that Western Rugged Ass Terrain where you follow the chirt road until it turns into a dirt road until it turns into a goat trail until it turns into a rabbit path and you are almost there LOL. East Side you only have to follow the goat trail to the Cabin. Bought both tracts way back for $221 per acre. Only 10 acres at the Cabin site and 120 at the West site, LOL if I wanted to build a cabin at the west site I would have to airlift a sawmill in. 4 wheelers can make it in with a lot of careful navigating, horses are a lot better. LOL as the crow flies the two places are not far apart but one does not simply hop in the truck and go from one to the other.
    tn land.

7. crowdaddy

crowdaddy Monkey++

yep, about 27 miles

Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7