Crazy idea

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by hank2222, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

''The Dip'' works on a lot of things including brass
    ''The Dip'' is a 50/50 mix of Hydrogen peroxide and distilled vinegar

2. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

quality bike with an adjustable chain sprocket is good for a lot of off grid powering >>>

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  3. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Hydrogen peroxide kind of super charges the vinegar so it eats away at stuff faster.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

I use Dawn and Lemi-Shine with SS media in both the cement mixer and the tumbler. They come out looking like gold. The only issue with the Lemi-Shine is that it can sometimes get the brass too clean for Progressive reloaders esp the Dillons. The cases can get hung up on the powder die. I've not had the issue but know many that have. A simple polish job on the powder die seems to solve the issue.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  5. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

I coat my buckshot/birdshot with powdered graphite. Works well.
    I have gotten into powder coating a lot of my cast boolits. It works great and no mess with the lubersizer. I can push the PCed bullets to FMJ/JHP speeds. In my testing so far through a 9mm AR, Uzi and several pistols they leave no leading and no PC in the bore. They have worked as well as jacketed through suppressors as well.

arleigh, Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  6. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

That in itself is awesome, The amount of dedication to develop a load is...fun !

Tully Mars likes this.
  7. Navyair

Navyair Monkey++

Not a bad idea. For a lot less money you can get a rotary hand powered washing machine (mid $50's on Amazon). My FIL had one of these at his cabin and it tumbled stuff pretty good.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  8. Re: Ura-Ki's post #5. DO NOT allow ammonia any where near reloading brass! It causes embrittlement and WILL cause spectacular catastrostrophic failure. Proven by unscientific, uncontrolled, youthful experiment. Just like do not pour molten lead into a not dry sink.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7