CMP 1911 Pistols

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Mountainman, May 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. ochit

ochit Monkey+

To much mystic mumbo jumbo, 1911's were made by the millions. If you were bequeathed or given one ok it's of sentimental value beyond that it's a nice paper weight. people have gotten old and unable to even use their armory. To me they are value on the hoof and when it comes down to just having one or two, one might be a 1911 or not.
    I think it was Col. Townsend Whelen that said only accurate guns are interesting.

I have built quite a few and customizing is partially making it run flawlessly, a pristine 1911 is just a pallet to work from. unless they were owned by some person of notoriety, hero veteran or officer maybe family member it might be sacred if not, it is not a vestal virgin on a pedestal make it yours.

Start with a basic 1911 single stack mag, if you want ugly and big get a Glock. About all to keep is the frame and slide.
    Rock Island sells a good 1911 for the money, and since so few have been in the military most are easy to empress. Calling previously issued, pistols or rifles is a stretch more like sloppy seconds.

Mountainman and Oddcaliber like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7