Chivalry is dead because women killed it

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OldDude49, May 1, 2018.

1. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

I'm not sure if holding a door for someone is chivalry or just common courtesy.

Man or woman, young or old. If I get to the door first, I will hold it open for whoever is coming next. If they grab the door, I let myself through. If they don't, I hold it. Sometimes I make myself get there first. If I see someone with an impairment or a burden. I will always try to hold the door.

Many times I walk behind someone, man or woman, and they let the door close on me. It doesn't bother me, but it makes me wonder how they were brought up. I don't expect them to hold the door for me to go through. But hanging on for less than a second to make sure if doesn't close on someone doesn't seem an inconvenience. Or it could be that their situation awareness is just that lousy. I always check my six.

A couple of years ago, I held a door open for an elderly black lady walking behind me. And I only remember it because she stopped to talk to me about it. She said it was good to see that there are gentlemen still around. And went on a rant about her feminist friends bashing the simplest things like holding a door. She finished by calling them idiots and saying thank you.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7