Checking Out Your Charitable Giving.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HK_User, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Waydah

Waydah Monkey

I'm not ignoring anything. I'm not a participant. Its only information to those who might find value in it. I don't.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  2. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Then why reply, by making a counter post it is clear that you are "a participant".

I am a participant in attempting to show a way to stop graft, what is your reason for becoming "a participant"?

An investment of $49 and a will to help others, in my case Vets, could remove one or more greedy SOB who steals from the poor and needy.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  3. Waydah

Waydah Monkey

*laugh* No, I am NOT a participant in the activity you described any more than being a participant in your next shopping trip. I care not about any rating of the "Please help feed the monkeys in Borneo" fund because... I don't participate. If you want to help vets, save your money and check to see if there is a local "Vets helping vets" program. We have one through our local chapter of the American Legion. Its hands on, and you can actually see the progress. Its easy to write a check. Its a lot more difficult to get out and actually get your hands dirty. Nope, I don't participate in donating to national organizations that spend millions of $$$ in flashy TV ads, so I have no need to spend $49. Did I mention that I don't participate? :)

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Some folks choose to donate for the tax exemption which is fine .
    The best giving is done anon-ominously, and via the direction of God to meet the need as He sees it.
    If what you do is for the praise of men ,that is about all the reward you are going to see. if any.
    But if what you do God has directed and only He sees, the blessing is far more rewarding. Jesus taught this.
    I know it to be true.
    What is in my charge is God given and His to dispence where He directs ,
    You can't do better than that.
    In a flash this life can be snuffed out ,all the goods collected be flushed down the toilet, or fire disposing it all.
    Where then are your treasures ?

HK_User, Waydah and Gator 45/70 like this.
  5. HK_User

Well some folks like to stir the pot and others do good works.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  6. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

When my mother died I took the money that went to me from her life insurance and started an endowed scholarship in her name at the community college where she got her nursing degree. He recipient can either be a vet or a single mother. I believe in helping those who are trying to better themselves. It wouldn’t have been right to use the money for myself. Doing that gave me a lot of peace and allowed me to come to terms with her death easier. This way it is like she is still helping people...

7. HK_User

Understood, that is why I do what I do for Vets. My soul is soothed and my anger is tempered for a good cause and the long haul..

Gator 45/70 and mysterymet like this.
  8. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

I think some military experiences can damaged the soul. I like to do stuff like the scholarship and volunteer firefighting and stuff to make up for that. I definitely understand where you are coming from brother. I also do veterans mentoring to help vets transition back to civilian life. Being a vet myself usually helps me relate more.

HK_User and Gator 45/70 like this.
  9. HK_User

True, as we do claims it is to the Vets advantage for us to know what a 105 Recoiless rifle is and how it can affect their hearing. And what questions to ask them that can improve their life.

I started this Thread as a way to stop the theft of claims money by invalid Veterans Groups. We had one such bunch around here and when we checked their Certification's as suggested we found they had not filed any paper work for over 5 years.

So now they have been proven to be thieves of a Grant and local donations. As well they spent the money on themselves and never reported it as income to the IRS.

mysterymet and Gator 45/70 like this.
  10. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Have they been prosecuted yet?

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  11. HK_User

Seems they are MIA!

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  12. HK_User

Also a Meth Head is MIA, maybe in Med or locked up someplace and do not know how or if part of the problem.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7