Car gun theft supposedly on the rise

Discussion in 'Politics' started by johnbb, May 9, 2024.

1. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

"The rate of gun theft from cars has tripled in the United States since 2013, according to a new study published Thursday by gun safety group Everytown.

The authors analyzed FBI crime data from 337 small to large cities in 44 states covering about 63 million people. In 2013 there were 21 gun thefts from automobiles per 100,000 people.

By 2022, the rate of theft had increased threefold to 63.1 firearms stolen from cars per 100,000. The study noted that while gun theft from cars has risen over 200% during that time, overall theft from vehicles has decreased 11%.

Guess who is the major funder of Everytown (Liberal gun haters) Micheal Bloomberg ---The gun grabbing POS ex mayor of New Yuck City

Ura-Ki likes this.
  2. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Well, if ya stick an NRA, Troy Industries, Magpul ... pick a firearm association/firearm /accessory mfg sticker on the back of your truck. I'm going to guess there maybe a truck gun in there. You are stuck in say .. the stadium to watch a game, guess what .. i need a gun and odds are greater than 50% that you left your carry piece under the seat when you went into the gun free zone.
    and you are gonna have a broken window.

3. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

If you drive a normal pickup they will assume you have a gun in it. There is just a much higher probability then in a Prius.

This is also a SHITF resource tip.

4. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Plenty of that going on abouts, Friend of mine lost his M&P Shield do too his unlocked truck on his part.

Zimmy, Ura-Ki and CraftyMofo like this.
  5. Seadawg

Seadawg Luddite Engineer

Our Fuehrer just altered our state carry laws to require a lock box in your auto if you must disarm.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  6. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

I would honestly do that anyways, whether it's required or not. Remember, if you slow down a thief even a few minutes, he's going to go elsewhere, for an easier target. And many modern vehicles (like SUV's) no longer have locking glove boxes, or center console boxes....and no trunk!

Ura-Ki likes this.
  7. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

Isn’t she from the executive branch? I thought the legislative branch makes laws?

VisuTrac and Ura-Ki like this.
  8. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Once again, another disingenuous "Statement" from Everytown's cucks!
    FALSE: more guns getting stolen from cars/trucks, Not quite, and NOT the way they would have you believe.
    TRUTH: auto thefts/break in's are UP, but not for the reasons stated, it's the "Pieceful" idiots who no longer face consequences for their actions, the revolving door of justice at play here, combined with all the gun free zones, many enforced with metal detectors and armed security, your options are very limited!

Something to think about here, Real Hard, YOU being disarmed and forced to leave your gun in your car/truck, any theft is 100% ALL on YOU, and worse, YOU just armed someone who absolutely should NOT own a firearm, PERIOD, HARD STOP!

Solution, More Gun COntrol!

Real Solution, Having a very secure means of storing your firearms in your car/truck while your forced to dis-arm when out and about! Locking glove boxes or center console ain't going to cut it, no, you need a heavy duty SECURE storage option installed and locked, even if some idiot thief breaks into your rig, he ain't going to get your guns!

Ultimately, your gun security should be take SERIOUSLY, buy YOU, and not legislated for you, just like having a decent Gun Safe in the home, it should be common sense, but a lot of folks don't believe in it, and they are the ones getting their guns stolen, SHAME ON YOU for not taking security seriously, and arming people who most assuredly should NOT own firearms!

This is mind boggling, but it's a thing, and Everytown and the others are latching on to it and making their demands into LAW, and you and I are forced to play, or suffer under it! Bottom line, we gun owners are our own worst enemy here, it's our fault this is now a Big Deal to the anti gunners, and honestly, Who could blame them!

9. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Don't leave your rifle, shotgun or handgun unattended in a car or truck for any reason! Leave the firearm at home or don't go out! And for GOD'S shakes don't advertise the fact that you are a proud gun owner, get rid of the bumper stickers, window decals, tags, etc., nobody needs to know that stuff!

Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  10. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I have ALWAYS been a NO STICKERS kind of guy, nothing like advertising what kind of stuff you're into, and painting a big target on your rig! Now, a silly bumper sticker like my fav. "My Golden Retriever is smarter then your honor student" sticker is priceless, (Cause all the soccer moms get super triggered by it) I don't put ANY other stickers on any of my rigs! No NRA stickers, No AR outlines in the windows, no anything sports or outdoors, so no KTM, or Husqvarna or even TFO or SAGE stickers ether, Nothing! I usually save those for the shop anyway, got a pretty big poster board I load up with all the stickers I get!

Zimmy likes this.
  11. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Some folks are so worried that "someone" is collecting their information/spying on them when you can learn everything you want to know about someone just by looking at their rear bumper or back window!

Zimmy, CraftyMofo and Ura-Ki like this.
  12. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

I agree.

I have an unwashed Subaru SUV with a beat up roof rack, a window decal from a long gone rock station, a state land off-road permit, and a couple of beach permits.

That's it. Granola mode.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7