Can You Dig?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Meat, May 18, 2021.

1. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Hahaha In those shoes? Put the shoveling on the old man !

ditch witch, Meat and SB21 like this.
  2. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I love my shovel. I have a shorter 40" garden shovel and it is the best. I tend to carry it around when the dog and I are out walking. I always find a weed or two that needs removing or it is a good weapon if a beast tries to attack me. :LOL:

Will take a picture of it later. 100% feel one should not skimp on the purchase of a shovel.

Ura-Ki, Meat, SB21 and 1 other person like this.
  3. madmax

madmax Far right. Bipolar. Veteran. Don't push me.

Long ago I was a landscape laborer. My "supervisor" said if I had a shovel in my hand today, I'd have a shovel in my hand a year from now. I did. I eventually owned my own landscaping biz. And, yes, I still had a shovel in my hand. 15 years later my back had had it. I started teaching with that unused college degree. To this day I avoid the shovel. Not laziness. An hour or two will cripple me for weeks.
    FYI. It's not the lift that gits ya. It's the twist at the end.
    I'm a big believer in rental equipment. I can still drive a tractor.

SB21, Meat and Gator 45/70 like this.
  4. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

Also a long time back, my father tried to force fit my hands to a hoe. Didn't work, so he tried a rake. As far as I know those were the only failures he had in 90 years of life above grade. D-handled shovels fit, dammit.

SB21, Meat and Gator 45/70 like this.
  5. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Some shoveling is side to side out of a backhoe front bucket for example. I use my legs and sort of lever it over. Of course gravity is always your best friend too. I can still put most people to shame going out or going in which makes me think “why did I quit college after only one day?”

madmax and Gator 45/70 like this.
  6. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Did you quit on the first day or the last day?

Meat likes this.
  7. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Both. Once they said I had some kind of speech/assignment due at the end of the semester I bounced and never returned. What speech could I possibly give that would be of interest? Besides I’m not a fan of getting up in front of people. I’ve done ok since then just a slow start. :D

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  8. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I hate giving speeches too, But if I have to it's best to cover those ears or run since I hate talking to myself,lol

Meat likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7