Bug out plan

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by fl4848, Feb 9, 2023.

1. Seepalaces

Seepalaces Monkey+++

I hadn't thought of that and it really does fit!! Smart you.

Gator 45/70 and mechstdr like this.
  2. Seepalaces

Seepalaces Monkey+++

Actually, the more I roll this around in my head, the more sense it might make to actually send a balloon with a payload. If there was an emp on the west coast, say in Seattle, they would immediately need to move carriers to the region. There are only so many carriers. Do we really have the capacity to back Taiwan and deal with an incident of any kind that requires a carrier? We NEED to back Taiwan if at all possible. Even an idiot like Biden has people surrounding him explaining the economic hardship China taking Taiwan would cause. China has to know that Biden is a once in a generation disaster for the US in foreign policy. If they're going to make a play in the next 20 years, this is their big chance. Biden doesn't have the will to retaliate if China does anything, but he will be forced (I suspect at gun point behind closed doors) to take action to prevent China from taking action in Taiwan. Taking Taiwan back is a very different animal from preventing a Chinese takeover. China might well bet that creating a US disaster would be optimal. Again, I'm not the brains around here. My husband thinks EMP is a stupid strike and would yield little in the way of results. But, if they could get a small nuke over that well guarded southern border or float an EMP namelessly...well, tough to prove after the fact really.

mechstdr, Bandit99 and CraftyMofo like this.
  3. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

@Seeplaces "China has to know that Biden is a once in a generation disaster for the US in foreign policy. "
    I hope to God you are correct in this, but I woke up to a article by Seymour Hersh which, if correct and I think it is, changes everything, maybe forever. I will post something later today.

mechstdr and Seepalaces like this.
  4. mechstdr

mechstdr patriotic grease monkey

saw an article about basically emp balloons they were used by the US to test emp effects in 1958-59 using 10-20 kiloton weapons, they flew them to about 80K feet then detonated. the reason for the balloons was that rockets at the time were too unreliable to use, nobody wanted the rocket to go off course or explode on the launch pad especially with a nuke! balloons were cheap and easy to use, saw a picture of 1 flown off of a carrier in pacific. sorry lost the link otherwise i would post it.

Seepalaces and CraftyMofo like this.
  5. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Plus, there would be a rifleman behind every blade of grass!

mechstdr, Gator 45/70 and Seepalaces like this.
  6. mechstdr

mechstdr patriotic grease monkey

i think part of the problem with the balloons is their stealth capabilities, basically the only radar return you got was the instrument package, the balloon envelope/bag was invisible unless it was made of Mylar! if the instrument package used things like carbon fiber, plastics, etc. to reduce the radar signature even further you could make it practically invisible. the balloon should have had a transponder to be "seen" , a spy balloon of course doesn't need one. (n):(

Gator 45/70 and Bandit99 like this.
  7. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

We need to launch our own balloons just for S&G's

mechstdr and CraftyMofo like this.
  8. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

IMO, if one is not off grid, they are not prepared period.
    I recently reduced my self from a 2 acre property and home to a truck and camper and 10' utility trailer.
    I can't haul the water I wanted and only a fraction of the food I had, not to mention all the other tools and equipment I had.
    Though I've got batteries and solar panels on both vehicles I'm still running shy on power especially with lots of overcast
    and rain. I have a welder/generator but reserve that for drastic emergencies.
    Now that I'm mobile, I can't keep all the reserve I had been depending on an what's frustrating is that needing to build things I have a very limited space to store supplies if any.
    I currently live about 30 miles out of town or more so every trip has to count, and with the price of everything going up I get sticker shock often.
    I was not as prepared as I had thought.
    The bridge you were going to cross is collapsed, have you provided an alternative you actually use?
    Often times we fanaticize what I can do, and it turns out a lot more complicated than I had dreamt.

mechstdr, Gator 45/70 and CraftyMofo like this.
  9. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Good insight BT! This could be why they let the first balloon float on through. Hadn’t though about that. Maybe we can make heads or tails of it and maybe we can’t. That is for the intel guys to chew on for a while. It is funny how the average person think spy balloon automatically means taking pics. The reason for the balloon instead of the sats is definitely for sigint and ew and not taking pics. Figure china probably has their own sats that take decent pics. Mike Adams should stick to being health ranger and not the intel ranger. The thing with the nordstream bombing was why the hell would we have any known assets in the area when the thing detonated. So now they say the bombs were planted agead of time. So why not just have a simple timer with a back up? Way easier. This whole plant the bombs months ago and then we set the off with a sonobouy from one of our own asw assets just smells fishy. Why the F would we do that? We arw not stupid! We also have the technology to do it without assets in the area. This makes no sense. It still makes more sense that china did it.

10. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

The bombs on the Nordstream pipelines could have been there a long time. Maybe since the beginning of the war. If it was me making the decisions, and sadly it isn't, there would have been bombs there from the beginning...just in case. The same goes for any underwater communication line too. If TPTB are as smart as they think they are the bombs are already in place, and have been for some time!

11. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I was thinking about this last night...What if one of the main reasons for these balloons are simply to test the feasibility of using them as a delivery system? I mean, there are obviously multiple reasons not just one; however, wouldn't it be amazingly simple to float an EMP package into USA especially if we cannot see it...which would explain all the different shapes and sizes...and if there is nothing to link it to China makes it even better.

12. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

I'm thinking that a package big enough to do damage (emp) is not going to be easily lifted by a small balloon.
    probably better off carrying a biological spore/virus and sprinkle it on us.
    probably a better use for a balloon.

13. Navyair

Navyair Monkey++

[QUOTE="f

That scenario sounds like the perfect storm to create a one world government. Unfortunately, with what we've been seeing over the past couple of years, it seems like they are well on their way to putting this plan into action.

I'm a bit like deer-in-headlights at this point. I'd like to put together a Bug Out Plan for getting out of dodge, at least when the EMP attack occurs, and the zombie masses start killing each other. It would be good to be in a rural setting with a sparse population.

I live in central Massachusetts, which is an awful location due to high population density. If you were in my situation, what would your bug-out plan look like? Where would you escape to?

Would you purchase a rural property somewhere? Would you put up a house? Would you buy a property that already has a house? Would you just find a piece of land in the woods and build a fort? Would you build a bunker?

I'm like a deer in headlights. I'm not sure what the best path is to take. If I knew the best path, I would take action towards completing the goal.

I keep going back to purchasing land in Vermont, New Hampshire or Maine and either building something or purchasing a pre-existing house.[/QUOTE]

First of all, what are you running from? If the Chinese actually invade (and you've implied win" then they will eventually visit everyone or issue a fiat that everyone turn in their arms (with typical Communist punishments if you don't).
    Second, the scenario you lay out is not survivable as a single person or small family. You'd need a group to stand watch.
    A boat is your best bet to get out of the NE population center. However, survival in Winter is problematic with so many people competing for resources.

My wife was born in Canada to US parents back when it was easy to cross the border with just a driver's license. She's considered petitioning to get her Canadian citizenship back. (Had to declare at age 18 in those days which one you were).

CraftyMofo and Gator 45/70 like this.
  14. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

As far as purchasing land, I think all would agree it's a pretty sensible thing to do if you live in or near a densely populated area. Is it possible to think of this as a dual-purpose property?
    Vacant Land (maybe for hunting) -> Add a storage container for equipment -> Add a cabin -> Add a well
    And so on, until you are comfortable with your setup.

Gator 45/70, BTPost and VisuTrac like this.
  15. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

Another thought, or suggestion I'd make is "Don't Panic." These days there are plenty of things that make us think we need to be ready !!RIGHT NOW!!. Make smart decisions, and do it at a pace that makes sense to you. You will make some mistakes, but doing so at a deliberate pace with time for reflection will minimize the setbacks.
    Definitely get started, but don't feel like you have to get it done by this weekend or you're a failure. Maybe you could set a goal of scouting out properties, and look to have something to place an offer on by fall.

Tempstar and Gator 45/70 like this.
  16. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

First, accept that without an equal opposing force that you are not going to survive an onslaught of people that wish to take what you have. Now add in factors that can increase your odds. Distance from large population is one. Stealth building is another. Information security is huge (no one knowing what you have or where you have it). I have a place, 1 hour and 15 minute drive or 1 days walk from here. No one has been there other than the wife since I got it. The entrance has saplings growing in it making it walk-in only now. There is a connex and a well. It still isn't defensible against multiple people who band together and decide they want it.
    There are two types of "retreats": The homestead and the bug out location. If you choose to have a bug out location, it HAS to be unknown to anyone except those that are intended to use it. A friend has one that is a beer drinking, deer hunting hangout for his friends. Where you think they are going to go when the poop hits the prop?

Homer Simpson and Gator 45/70 like this.
  17. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Tempstar, wife and I are buying a 1 acre lot on a rather popular lake here.
    Like you said we expect to be bum rushed with relative's on a good day much less than when it gets sideways.

Tempstar and CraftyMofo like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7