Browning A5 / Remington 11

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by BTPost, Jan 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Mine. 12ga "light twelve"

20160410_125437.

20160410_140626.

20160410_140640.

20160410_125545.

2. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Nope, looks fine here @Tikka...

4. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

@BTPost
    I had a chance to buy a Charles Daly A-5 and I am still kicking my buns for passing it by. (Bruce, you can say I should be LOL)
    My grandson "gets" family heirloom firearms. I see your family does also.

IMO. John Browning was the most prolific premier firearms designer of the 20th Century. I have a pre-1954 Ithaca M37. If I rest the butt stock on the floor and push the release; the bolt drops. Very few other, if any pump shotguns do that.
    Judging by Dieudonne Saive, any designer who worked with John M. Browning profited from the experience.

I've read some put Kalashnikov and Stoner in Browning's league; I don't think so..

Altoidfishfins and kellory like this.
  5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

One of those beasts was on my left on the 16 yard line, the ejects were hitting me on my leg and side pretty regularly. That actually didn't bother me at all. The rules on that range were to remain unloaded until it was your turn, so as soon as he shot his bird, I reached into the pouch for a fresh round, and grabbed a HOT hull. Freshly ejected from that humpy back, straight into the pouch. We got a laugh out of it, and the burn didn't keep me from a straight.

I have to add for clarity that it is commonly required that actions be kept open until the shooter's turn comes up, but shells can be chambered. Not on this range, they wanted to see the shell go in.

kellory likes this.
  6. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Trap was fun until the cost of ammunition went up.

Witch Doctor 01 likes this.
  7. zombierspndr

zombierspndr Monkey

I like the Franchi 48 over the A5 or the M11.

8. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I have an A5 made in 1928 according to the serial number and it is in almost new condition. Wonderful old guns. Also have a Sweet 16 from FN that I inherited from my Uncle.

9. crowdaddy

crowdaddy Monkey++

My Father had an A5 mid grade? 16 ga. He got it as a wedding gift, in the very early 50s. It's a Belgian FN . I Shot a lot of birds and bunnies with that. My brother has it, now that my Father has passed; I wanted it, but the old man did leave me the 03' so I was ok with that! I picked up a A5 light, 12 ga. last year at a pawn shop. It is a Japanese licensed copy. I would rather it was an FN, but I am really happy with it anyway.

10. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

(Editing from phone)

I look at the safety on a Remington Model 8, and it looks very familiar. :) J. M. Browning perfected it before Mr. K. was born. Kalashnikov was an innovator, Browning was an inventor.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  1. Witch Doctor 01
  2. Witch Doctor 01
  3. AndyinEverson
  4. BenP
  5. Tully Mars
  6. Bishop
  7. Oddcaliber
  8. 3M-TA3
  9. oil pan 4
  10. TnAndy
  11. verla
  12. chelloveck
  13. Brokor
    Resource

Mossberg 500 Shotgun (12Ga.) 2014-06-15

Mossberg Owners Manual / 13 pages
    Posted By: Brokor, Jun 15, 2014 in category: Firearm Manuals
  14. Brokor
  15. CATO
    [media]!
    Thread by: CATO, Jan 12, 2013, 18 replies, in forum: General Survival and Preparedness
  16. Tango3
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7