Brass, brass everywhere

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by oil pan 4, Apr 16, 2022.

1. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Pretty much all of their battle rifles and the subguns-MP5 series, HK94, SP89,ect as well as the CETME series of rifles.
    A lot of folks feel as you do, but one needs to remember that armies don't care about the condition of their spent brass as they don't reload so the fluting/dented case mouths aren't an issue.

HA,that is true for the most part. However HK makes a couple of buffers that snap on or weld on near the ejection port that make the brass drop near the shooters right side, and keeps the case mouths from being dented.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  2. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Our requirements are different than an army.
    I size lots of brass that has dented case mouths.
    Lot of us in anticipation of teotwawki have chosen guns that will run reloads with the guns own brass, scrounged brass until the head stamp wears of and pistols that can run cast lead bullets, possibly adopted a cartridge/gun that will run home made black powder like a 45colt or 45-70.

For me I want hand guns and PCC guns that can run lead bullets, it's own brass reloaded, scrounge brass reloads, rounds loaded with rifle primers or reloaded primers, doesnt mind really hot loaded +p+ xxx ammo, feeds HP, ball cast lead revolver bullets, can run rounds that have bullet set back.

Gator 45/70 and CraftyMofo like this.
  3. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I love this time of year. The weather is warming up and the fuds come out of hibernation. Now you start to see these fair weather gun owners start shooting their 1911 45acp pistols and some of them leave the brass. Found more 45acp brass this range trip than the previous 6 or 8 range trips all combined.

Gator 45/70 and CraftyMofo like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7